Beryl Lowry, Bachelor of.Sci, MBACP Dip Person Centred Counsellor
Thank you for viewing my profile, as you know my name is Beryl Lowry. I am fully qualified Person-Centred counsellor and as such I offer a: professional, confidential, non-judgemental, therapeutic relationship, where you can safely explore your life. My ethos is ‘if it matters to you, then it will matter to me’. Wherever you are in life, whatever your situation, between of us, we can find a way for you to move forward.
Sometimes life can be a challenging, bringing changes and difficulties for us. Sometimes we can find ourselves feeling ‘out of our depths’ or that we have ‘lost control’ of aspects of our lives. This could be caused through a sudden change in our circumstances, or through things that have occurred over a period of time or maybe even a combinations of both. Whatever the difficulty or struggle, I believe that the solution lies within you.
As a counsellor my role is to help you, to find that way forward; after all you are the expert on you. I will aid, guide and sometimes challenge you to explore your emotions in relationships to the possible pathways that could lie ahead. My aim is to help you to gain full autonomy of your life and find the best pathway for you. I will not tell you what to do, but help you to move forward at a pace that is comfortable for you
I am a member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychology (BACP), hence you can be assured that I have demonstrated myself to be a proficient and professional counsellor. I work within the parameters of the professional body’s ethical framework, and constantly strive to adhere to up-to-date codes of practice and research, thus providing the best quality of care for yourself. I am constantly refining and improving my techniques and knowledge, via engaging in up to date CPD courses, on a regular bases.
I have gained a wrath experiences working with adult and couples. I have also expanded my knowledge and professional skills, enabling me to work therapeutically with children of all ages and abilities. Furthermore, as my clientele has been both adults and children, l have learned to be extremely diverse in counselling methodology, working in non judgemental individualistic ways. Differences have never been an issue.
If you feel that I can be of any help to you, please feel free to contact me.
PLEASE BE AWARE DUE TO THE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES, ALTHOUGH I AM STILL TAKING NEW CLIENT, ALL THERAPY WILL BE DELIVERED VIA THE TELEPHONE/SKYPE/ZOOM ETC.
Thank you for your attention.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level Four Diploma in Therapeutic Counselings (QCF), Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body
- Level Four Certificate in Counselling Children (QCF),Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Lancaster University. (British Association of Counselling and Psychology, Accredited)
Additional Professional Development:
- Working with depression and anxiety
- Mindfulness Skills in the therapeutic settings
- Understanding loss and bereavement
- Working with suicidal thoughts and feelings
- Relationship Counselling (Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- CAMHS: Working together to improve outcomes
- Safeguarding Children foundation in Schools
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Working with Young People and Children with SEND
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
First consultation is free and last approximately 20 mins, this can be done either face to face, or via phone.
£35.00 for an individual, 50 mins session (Adult or Child).
£50.00 for couples, 50 mins session.
Discount for Students and extenuating circumstances.
- Free / low-cost sessions available
- Free / low-cost sessions for Keyworkers
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I generally try to work around my clients availability, however l do not work on Sunday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|