I am a Person-Centred Counsellor who works with young people, adults, couples and families. I am an accredited member of the BACP.
- Have you recently experienced something that has made you feel anxious, sad, angry or confused or have you been battling thoughts and feelings from your past for a long time and now feel ready to talk about it?
- Are you going through a difficult patch in your relationship or recently separated or divorced and would like some help to talk through those difficult emotions ?
- Do you feel you need help within your family, whether that be with a child(ren), parent, sibling etc, and feel coming to therapy will help resolve your issues?
If so, I will welcome you with warmth, care and compassion and listen to you with empathy, acceptance and without any judgement.
What to expect.
- We will sit down together for one hour and talk about what has brought you to counselling at this point.
- You will lead each session, deciding what you want to discuss.
- I work on either a short or long term basis; long term work can allow for more, in-depth work.
- If you feel we will work well together, We can arrange a day and time that will be good for you.
- Please do not feel that I will judge you or anything that you bring to therapy.
Taking the first step may feel daunting but the process can be life changing and life enhancing.
Please click on the link to my website to find out more about me and the service I provide, thank you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Introduction to Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Post Diploma Certificate in Person-Centred Couples therapy.
- BACP Accreditation
- Training with addiction, domestic violence, bereavement and safeguarding plus a variety of workshops.
- I have an enhanced DBS certificate
I trained initially at the Redbridge Institute and went on to the City Lit in Covent Garden to complete the certificate and Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
I hold an Advanced Post Diploma Certificate in Person-Centred couples therapy which I gained from the Counselling Works In Milton Keynes.
Through the years, I have worked with people from ten years and upwards.
I have worked in a service with people who were alcohol dependent and a charity where I saw female survivors of domestic abuse.
My work has also taken me into primary and secondary schools and I am currently working with a bereavement charity alongside my private practice.
I attend workshops to enhance my practice; these have included, anxiety and panic attacks, learning about psychopaths and narcissistic personalities.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
This list above is a guide to show you areas I have worked with.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss a matter before committing to an initial appointment.
My charges for individual therapy is £50 per session.
Couples and family therapy is £60 per session.
*Telephone counselling is charged at £40 per session.
*Telephone sessions can take place once a relationship between us has been formed and you may be unable to attend in person but feel you would still like the session to go ahead.
Each session lasts for one hour.
I am able to provide a few, lower priced places; this will be dependent on individual circumstances.
I have a 24 hour cancellation policy.
Most common questions that I have been asked:
- " What do you specialise in?"
Bereavement, Abuse, Anxiety and Depression, Couples/Family/Relationship work.
We are all different and unique and so are our problems, but common themes brought to sessions are anxiety, low self-esteem and feelings of not being heard.
- " Do I need counselling?"
I would say that anyone is suitable to have counselling if they feel they need to talk to someone other than their friends or family. I am trained to listen carefully and will support you without judgement of you or your circumstances.
- " What will I find to talk about?"
Anything and everything! An hour may feel daunting at first but my experience shows that the time flies and you may find you want to go on. You may come with one issue in mind but find other aspects arise as you explore and make sense of your thoughts and feelings.
We are all unique and so are our life stories. Please be assured that I will respect you and whatever you have gone/going through.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
The premises has a downstairs toilet. There are a few steps to access the counselling room.
I work Monday to Friday from 9am; my last appointment is at 8pm.
Types of client