Bernadette Padfield (MBACP) Registered
During the current Coronavirus epidemic, I shall be offering Skype and telephone counselling only.
I believe passionately in the counselling process but I also believe that the timing is as important as the therapy itself. When we reach the decision to seek counselling it is then that we are ready to really engage. I will make every effort to see all new clients within 10 working days of initial contact.
It may be that you are going through a bad time in your life. You may feel out of touch with yourself and/or other people. It could be the anxiety and stress of everyday life. Perhaps it's time that you would like someone to share your experiences, to help and support you in your decisions, or to listen and be there, to explore unwanted memories or to change destructive habits/addictions. Whatever it is, I can provide a safe, non judgemental, confidential space. I believe that you are the expert in the room, you know you best. However with careful reflection and exploration, we can help you rediscover your inner resources and true identity.You may then identify what it is that you would really like, what works for you and how to achieve it, your way.
I have had many years experience working with clients both face to face and over the telephone on a national helpline.My approach is very Person Centred although I may use Creative Therapies, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and some Psycho-dynamic theory to enhance the process.I offer both short and long term therapy. I believe that nobody knows us more than we know ourselves and therefore respect each individual and their uniqueness above all.
I continue to develop my skills by attending regular workshops and seminars and receive monthly clinical supervision, as required by the BACP.
I hold an enhanced D.B.S certificate.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists; therefore I abide by its code of ethics.
Training, qualifications & experience
- NCFE Certificate in Counselling Skills
- NCFE Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Telephone Counselling
I have produced and deliver a training programme for counsellors and counselling students focussing on pregnancy loss and the complicated grief of abortion.
I have completed additional training in :
- Working with Dreams and Imagery
- Working with your Inner Child
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Eating Disorders
- Pregnancy Loss
- Working with Mental Health Issues
- Post Abortion Counselling
- Stillbirth and Neonatal Death
- The Death of a Child
- Postnatal and Antenatal Depression
- P.T.S.D in Childbirth
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Creative Therapy
- Couples Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Sudden confidence loss, Menopause, Mid-life crisis, Infertility, Ectopic Pregnancy, Traumatic Birth, Miscarriage, Couples grief therapy, Stillbirth,
Each session is £45 for individuals and £55 per couple.
Fees are payable at each session.
I offer a free, no obligation interview of about 10 minutes. This is an opportunity for you to ask any questions and explore what it is that you hope to get from the counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
- Monday to Thursday Flexible
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|