Bernadette Kelty - MBACP
29 Lloyd Street
07376 029478 / 07818 515771
Hello, my name is Bernadette,
I am on a journey through life just like you.
Whether you are facing loss, bereavement, a relationship breakdown or simply feel broken I am here to listen and help you move forward.
I have experiencing helping with physical, mental and spiritual issues.
I have my own story, but I am eager to hear yours. It's not about me, but about you, your life, and your journey of healing and restoration through counselling.
If you have any questions or would like to book your first appointment please call me on 07376 029478 or send an email.
Overview Of Sessions:
I follow a person-centred approach to counselling. This means that the focus will be on you and your needs. During the first session, we will talk around your hopes and wishes. There will be plenty of opportunities to discuss the nature and intention of your counselling sessions and to review these details during the following sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- A member of Al Anon (The Children of Alcoholic Parents), 1982
- Foundation Level in Counselling, 1999 - 2000
- Cruse Bereavement Training, 2002
- A carer/auxiliary nurse, 1998 - 2007
- Trained with Samaritans when living in Cyprus, 2010
- Personal Counselling & Training with Ellel Ministries, 2013 - 2017
- Counselling Level 4 Llandrillo College, 2016 - 2018
- Ongoing Member of the BACP since 2016
- Cruse Bereavement Adults, Children & Young Peoples 2017 - 2018
- Trained on Level 3 in Health & Arts 2018 - 2019
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Spiritual/religious abuse.
Photos & videos
£40 an hour (per individual session)
Note: It is requested that 48 hours' notification of cancellation is given. If the session is cancelled at short notice the counsellor will request this agreed fee. The number of sessions required will be discussed during the contracting stage and then reviewed regularly. Sessions are usually based on a series of six followed by a review by client and counsellor.
Counsellor Information/Legal Issues:
The Counsellor is fully qualified and registered with the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). She will receive regular supervision which is undertaken by a fully qualified Supervisor and act in accordance with the BACP's Ethical Framework. Professional standards place client confidentiality and safety as paramount. The Counsellor has a legally binding duty to disclose any criminal activity the client may be involved in, such as:
a). drug trafficking (whether actual or planned);
b). acts of terrorism (whether actual or planned);
c). money laundering (whether actual or planned);
The Counsellor may need to break confidentiality if the client discloses that they are at risk of harm to self or to others or planning suicide. If the client is a minor, the parent or guardian is considered as part of the contract and therefore will be consulted. The client's safety and well-being come first and foremost.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
For anyone with a disability I am prepared to visit you at home please contact me for more details.
10am to 5pm From Monday To Friday. Out of hours are available on request.
Types of client