Benfleet and Southend Counselling, CBT and EMDR Therapy
The Benfleet Water Tower
335 Benfleet Road
Conservation Dental Centre
17 Clarence Road
We offer counselling and psychotherapy for individuals, couples and families.
We see children from the ages of 5, teenagers, young adults and adults.
We offer a bespoke service that is tailored specifically to meet your needs.
Abuse, anxiety, depression, bereavement, PTSD, eating disorders, relationship problems are just to name but a few of the problems and issues we are able to help people with.
Our therapists have a wealth of experience and offer you an empathic, confidential friendly service.
We are committed to ongoing CPD (Continued Professional Development) so that we can give you the most up to date therapy with as many skills as we can offer in order to help you live a happier life.
We will not tell you what to do but will encourage you to use skills and resources that you may already have but are unaware of it.
Our location is set in a tranquil location in the heart of Benfleet. We also have a practice in Southend which is just off of the High Street so is very easy to reach via train stations and bus routes.
We offer very flexible working hours 6 days per week.
Training, qualifications & experience
- EMDR Levels 1,2,3 and 4
- Approved Adoption Counsellor by Barnardos LINK
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- Practitioner Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate of Proficiency British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Level 4 AQA Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 2 AQA Introduction to Counselling Concepts.
- Level 2 AQA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate for Counselling Children and Young People
- Certificate for Supporting Substance Misuse Clients Awareness
- Certificate for Children Family and Play
- Certificate for Safeguarding Children Training
- Certificate For Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults.
- Certificate For An Introduction To Family Therapy
- Familiar with attachment and trauma, adopted, foster children and their carers.
- Certificate of Attendance on Offender Behaviour & Specialist Risk Assessment
- Certificate of Attendance on the Management of ADHD and associated problems in Children
- Certificate of Attendance For Open Door In House Safeguarding Children and Case Management Training
- Certificate of Attendance For Sexual Health Awareness Foundation Training (SHAFT)
- Certificate of Achievement on successful completion of the "Losing The Will To Live: Self Harm and Suicide" Training
- Certificate of Attendance Jim Knipe's "EMDR Toolbox"
- AIP Methods for treating Complex PTSD & Dissociative Personality Structure
- A weekend with Master EMDR Clinician Jim Knipe
- Attachment-Focussed Healing Developmental Deficits and Adults Abused As Children with Laurel Parnell, Ph.D.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Other therapies
Photos & videos
Registered Member of BACP
Accredited Member of NCS
Member of EMDR Europe
Approved Adoption Counsellor by Barnardos LINK
Approved by Police Firearms Officers Association
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Supervision & training
We have 2 fully qualified supervisors available to offer supervision to both fully trained counsellors and counsellors in training.