Becky Maydew, BACP Accredited, Post Grad Dip, Counselling Degree
Hello .... if you are looking for counselling support, please do not hesitate to contact me .... it helps to talk to someone in confidence who is impartial, qualified and experienced.
Talking can help you to "off load" what is troubling you, so is helpful in itself but it also promotes "processing" so that you can understand your experiences and the impact they have had on you becoming who you are. With understanding and increased awareness, you will have the choice to make any changes you may wish to make.
I will also introduce you to strategies and techniques to support you through everyday difficulties i.e. work or family stress, so that you have the mental space to make those changes.
I am qualified to work with adults, children and young people, so if you are experiencing (as many people do):-
- PANIC ATTACKS
- LOW SELF ESTEEM/CONFIDENCE
- FEELING UNFULFILLED
- POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
- DIFFICULT RELATIONSHIPS (such as bullying in personal or professional relationships)
- SELF HARM
- EATING DISORDERS
- LOSS/BEREAVEMENT (including Separation, Divorce, Abortion and Redundancy)
please do not hesitate to contact me, even if it seems like a big step to take. There is no need to struggle on, make the first move to greater understanding.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling Children and Young People (Level 7)
- Fd Degree Counselling (Level 5)
- EMDR Certificate (for treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- CPCAB Certificate Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Certificate Counselling Skills
- BACP An introduction to Coaching Skill
- Coaching Skills
- Eating Disorders
- Attachment Therapy/Attachment versus Autism
- Gender Dysphoria
- Working with Suicidal Clients
- Freedom Domestic Abuse Programme
- Monthly Clinical Supervision
- Monthly Continued Professional Development
- Safeguarding Training (ongoing)
I am a BACP Accredited, Degree and Post Grad Diploma qualified practitioner who uses various modalities (Person Centred, Mindfulness CBT Therapy, Brief or Long Term Counselling, Solution Focused Therapy, Life Coaching and Creative Strategies) so that any counselling is tailored to your individual needs.
My previous experience includes counselling in primary care (surgery), family support and school settings. I set up my own Private Practice in 2013.
I currently work in my Private Practice and for various insurance companies including AXA, Police Mutual, Lifeworks and the Priory.
I also support parents where children or young people are unable to engage with counselling themselves. We work together to "model" desirable outcomes, so our children and young people can become better equipped to face today's challenges.
As an Accredited Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, I adhere to their Code of Ethics and have Professional Indemnity Insurance. I am DBS checked in respect of working with children and young people. I am committed to continuing professional development and regularly attend other training to improve and increase my skills.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
If you would like to make an appointment, please do not hesitate to phone or email me, without obligation or fee.
I offer face to face Counselling, via Skype or telephone counselling.
Charges per hour:
Daytime appointments: £40
Evening Appointments £45
Counselling via Employee Assistance Programmes/Insurance Companies: between £35-£60
Skype/Telephone counselling - £40
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|