Barry Barnett MBACP
The Old Forge
75-77 Station Passage
Are you stuck? let me help you !
I am a passionate caring dedicated counsellor who can offer a complete professional and confidential therapy service in East London and North East Essex. .I have a wealth of experience working with clients suffering with issues including but not exclusively ,anxiety, depression , self-esteem , bereavement and relationship issues.
I can offer you an environment which will help you to explore the issues which have bought you to this point. Gaining understanding and awareness of these issues to enable to you make changes to move forward in a positive way.
I work in an integrative way. This means I am able to provide a unique insight based on your own individual needs. My aim is to help you to express yourself in any way you choose, without fear of judgement. I believe this is important as within this openness you may be able to discover the person you would really like to be.
During this process I aim to help you to unlock any emotions or circumstances which may have impacted on your current emotional state. My aim is to highlight patterns of thinking and behaviour in order to allow positive change.
Sessions are offered weekly and I provide short term , long term, and open ended work. I offer an initial assessment to give you the chance to meet with me and explore how we might work together.
The working relationship we build together is important to me.With this in mind feel free to contact me with any concerns or questions you may have- I am happy to have a short 5 minute conversation over the phone prior to assessment to help with your decision to engage with me in therapy. Alternatively you can e-mail or fill out a contact form on this page.
I hold weekly sessions at a therapy agency, located 1 minute from South Woodford Central line station additionally there is public parking availability very close by. I also offer weekly sessions in Hackney E9 Victoria park . Parking avaliable, bus stop very close and nearest tube Mile End.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling level 4
- Foundation degree in Counselling
- Certificates in Counselling skills levels 2 and 3
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
Daytime sessions cost £50
Evening sessions cost £60
Skype sessions cost £40
* low cost daytime sessions at £40 available for low waged and NHS staff.
Fees are payable 1 week in advance with a 24 hour cancellation policy.
I am fully insured and a member of the British Association of counselling and Psychotherapy and adhere to their professional guidelines and framework.
For those who prefer I can offer Skype counselling services weekly.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client