Barbara Riddell, Integrative Counsellor
Surrey Centre For Natural Health
9a Mansfield Road
Are you feeling anxious? Depressed? Having problems with your relationship? If you are struggling with any kind of worries or concerns, then please contact me. I am a professionally trained counsellor and I treat all my clients as unique individuals. I will listen to your concerns in a non-judgemental way - my aim is always to understand you and what worries you, so that we can work together to make life easier for you.
Counselling can help explain why we think and behave in the ways we do – often repeating patterns that don’t help us. A counsellor does not give advice, instead they help you to untangle your problems so that you can change unhelpful patterns of behaviour. You can find out more by visiting the Counselling Directory’s Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/importantinfo.html
I am an experienced Counsellor and a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). I cover Epsom, Surbiton, Chessington, Hook, etc.
I run my private practice from The Surrey Centre for Natural Health in Chessington, Surrey, KT9. It is within easy reach of Chessington, Claygate, Hook, Epsom, Stoneleigh, Kingston, Surbiton, etc, and just a few minutes’ drive from the M25. Buses 71, 465, 467 and K4 pass nearby.
I can offer daytime, evening and weekend appointments.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and an NVQ in Health & Social Care (specialising in Substance Misuse) and a Certificate of Proficiency from the BACP. I am a Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and abide by their Code of Ethics. You can find out more here: https://www.bacp.co.uk/ I have regular supervision with a qualified, more experienced counsellor to monitor and develop my practice. I am fully insured with indemnity insurance.
- I have worked as a counsellor with ASCA (Addiction, Support and Care Agency) in Surbiton, where I counselled adults with substance misuse issues (alcohol, drugs and other addictive behaviours) and their partners. As part of my NVQ training, I have worked with clients whose drinking/drug taking was seriously affecting their lives. I have knowledge and understanding of Twelve Step Fellowship programmes (eg AA) as well as LGBT+ issues.
- I have extensive experience of supporting people with mental health issues – especially those diagnosed with depression, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder and dissociative disorder (formerly called multiple personality disorder).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Addiction to alcohol/drugs/online gambling.
How much does counselling with me cost?
- Daytime: £40 - book 12 sessions for the cost of 11 sessions!
- Evenings (after 6pm) & weekends: £45 - book 12 sessions for the cost of 11 sessions!
- I also offer concessionary rates for people on low incomes (ask for details).
How do I book an appointment?
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text me on 07906 576167. Don't forget to leave your first name and a phone number, and check your Junk Mail for my email reply. I know how frustrating it can be when you want help NOW but just get a voicemail message, but I will get back to you within 24 hours.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day, evening & weekends
Types of client