Barbara Riddell (Therapeutic Counsellor), MBACP
Surrey Centre For Natural Health
9a Mansfield Road
Are you worried? Anxious? Depressed? Having problems with your relationship? If you are struggling with any kind of worries or concerns, then please contact me. I am an experienced Counsellor and registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). I cover Epsom, Surbiton, Chessington, Hook, etc. My focus is on the uniqueness of each of my clients and the relationship we have together.
I run my private practice from The Surrey Centre for Natural Health in Chessington, Surrey, KT9. It is within easy reach of Chessington, Hook, Epsom, Stoneleigh, Kingston, Surbiton, etc, and just a few minutes’ drive from the M25. Buses 71, 465, 467 and K4 pass nearby.
I can offer daytime, evening and weekend appointments.
What can you expect from counselling? Counselling can help explain why we think and behave in the ways we do – often repeating patterns that don’t help us. A counsellor does not give advice, instead they help you to untangle your problems so that you can change unhelpful patterns of behaviour. You can find out more by visiting the Counselling Directory’s Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/importantinfo.html
Training, qualifications & experience
- Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and an NVQ in Health & Social Care (specialising in Substance Misuse) and a Certificate of Proficiency from the BACP. I am a Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and abide by their Code of Ethics. You can find out more here: https://www.bacp.co.uk/ I have regular supervision with a qualified, more experienced counsellor to monitor and develop my practice. I am fully insured with indemnity insurance.
- I have an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, the new name for CRB), which means I am police-checked
- I have worked as a counsellor with ASCA (Addiction, Support and Care Agency) in Surbiton, where I counselled adults with substance misuse issues (alcohol, drugs and other addictive behaviours) and their partners. As part of my NVQ training, I have worked with clients whose drinking/drug taking was seriously affecting their lives. I have knowledge and understanding of Twelve Step Fellowship programmes (eg AA) as well as LGBT+ issues.
- I have extensive experience of supporting people with mental health issues – especially those diagnosed with depression, bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Addiction to alcohol/drugs/online gambling.
What does it cost?
An initial meeting to discuss your counselling needs costs £25. After that, sessions cost:
- Daytime: £40
- Evenings (after 6pm) & weekends: £45
- I also offer concessionary rates for people on low incomes. Please contact me to discuss your situation.
How do I book an appointment?
You can contact me by phoning or texting me on 07906 576167. I know how frustrating it can be when you want help NOW but just get a voicemail message, but I will get back to you within 24 hours. Don’t forget to leave your first name and phone number. Or you can email me. I will respond to your email within 2 days; please check your Junk Mail for my email reply.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can see you daytime, evenings and weekends.
Types of client