Barbara Hart MA, MBACP(Snr. Accred)
The Priory Hospital
I offer professional, confidential and empathic Counselling and Psychotherapy with 16 years of experience.
I specialise in eating disorders and also work extensively with anxiety, panic disorder and depression. Whatever difficulty you may be experiencing, you can be assured that it will be met with compassion and understanding, where no problem is too big or too small.
I have a Masters in Counselling & Psychotherapy and am also a Senior Accredited Member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Please see my website for more information and please do feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Advanced Diploma in Hypno-Analysis
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in the Legacy of Childhood Trauma
- Certificate in Mindfulness
- Foundation in Mindfulness
- Mindful Eating Training Instructor (MB-EAT)
- The Priory Hospital, Chelmford
- MIND in West Essex
- Employee Assisted Programmes
- MoreLife Weight Management Service
- RENEW Counselling Service, with Eating Disorders
- GP Surgeries based in the London Boroughs of Walthamstow, Leytonstone, Havering
- GP Surgeries based in Hertfordshire
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have extensive experience of working with eating disorders and currently work at The Priory in this field.
It is possible to change eating habits and behaviours by working psychologically to understand the triggers to restriction and/or over-eating. Knowledge is power in this instance and can aid in developing strategies to break the cycle and create a healthier way forward.
BUPA Recognised Mental Health Therapist.
Aviva and AXA PPP Registered Therapist.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday - daytime and evening appointments
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|