Bandna Rekhi, CPsychol AFBPsS, Psychologist registered with HCPC, BPS
29 East Street
5 College Street
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist accredited by the British Psychological Society as well as a registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council, UK. With over 10 years of study at some of India’s top institutions, I completed my clinical psychology training in 2009, specialising in Cognitive Behavioural approaches to psychological problems.
Upon completing my training, I worked as a professional Clinical Psychologist in various hospitals in India. I also worked as Assistant Professor and Guest Lecturer at multiple colleges within the University of Delhi. I moved to the UK in 2012 where I worked with a charity for refugees and asylum seekers, and also within the NHS. I have worked within the community, in-patient wards and specialist mental health services. I have conducted workshops on stress and related issues for the general public and also provide clinical supervision and training to other psychologists.
I follow a person-centred, multi-formulation approach to understand clients’ problems and their triggers. Further, I assist clients in exploring adaptive coping strategies with the aim of developing resilience. I draw on techniques from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Gestalt Therapy, Mindfulness-based approaches, including Acceptance and Commitments Therapy (ACT), among other insight-oriented therapies.
I provide psychological therapies to adolescents, adults and older adults suffering from moderate to severe psychological problems, as well as people suffering from physical illnesses with psychological manifestations. These include complex psychopathology, depression, the full spectrum of anxiety disorders, personality disorders, traumatic stress, grief, chronic pain conditions, burn injuries, amputations, somatoform and dissociative disorders, workplace stress, child-rearing difficulties, burn-out, relationship problems and adjustment issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
- M.Phil. (Clinical Psychology), Manipal University, India
- M.A. (Clinical Psychology), Delhi University, India
- B.A. Honours (Psychology), Indraprastha College, Delhi University, India
- EMDR, Parts 1, 2 and 3 by Alexandra Richman and Simon Proudlock 2018
- Advanced ACT Workshop by Steve Hayes 2016
- 8 weeks course on ACT by Russ Harris 2016
- 2 days workshop on DBT, approved by BPS 2016
- Cognitive-Behavioural Interventions for the Prevention and Reduction of Suicide Risk (CBPS) led by Professor Nick Tarrier 2015
- Mindfulness by Dr Michael Sinclair, CPG, London 2015
- Working with Families and Support Networks 2015
- Suicide Risk Assessment by ELFT 2014
- Gestalt Psychotherapy by Carol Siderer, Terapia, London 2013
- Body Psychotherapy by Guy Gladstone, Terapia, London 2013
- Clinical Hypnotherapy, Indian Academy of Hypnotherapy, Delhi, India 2010
- Understanding Dyslexia, Delhi, India 2006
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders in Children, Delhi, India 2005
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Initial assessment (lasting about 1 hour 25 minutes)- £150.00
Follow up session (lasting 55 minutes each)- £95.00
Welcome to my profile!
If you are distressed and are seeking support for yourself or on behalf of someone, please feel free to email/text or call me with a brief synopsis of the issue. Upon receipt, I will arrange a telephone chat in the first instance to book an appointment and give you an opportunity to ask me any questions that you might have.
Every client is unique and I see it as a privilege to have an opportunity to work with my clients and respect that. I try my level best to make you comfortable in the therapeutic space and enable you to make room for your distress.
Following the initial assessment, I will share a tentative plan to work through your goals. If you feel satisfied with that, we will then progress to meet weekly at the clinic to enable you to work through your distress.
I am registered with various insurance companies including BUPA, AVIVA, AXA, WPA, Nuffields, Vitality, etc.
Please note, if I do not answer my phone, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you once again for visiting my profile and email/call me if you wish to explore therapy with me. I wish you well in your journey!
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, English|
I offer weekdays (day time and evening), weekend, Skype and telephone slots.
Types of client