Ayhan Alman - Counsellor, Psychotherapist & EMDR Practitioner
Hi, I am Ayhan, a caring and compassionate counsellor, psychotherapist & EMDR practitioner who is familiar with the life challenges we humans sometimes experience. Many circumstances can cause a great deal of suffering, such as the loss of a loved one, adversity in childhood or later in life, events that cause high levels of stress, or work arrangements that are not aligned with our needs. Over the years of my practice I learnt that a holistic approach to therapy helped many clients to feel better about themselves.
If you are going through a difficult time I suggest you contact me via email or phone and we arrange a brief telephone call to discuss whether I can help you. We can then arrange the first session after that.
A Somatic Approach to Emotional Wellbeing
It is normal that we humans tend to avoid difficult feelings, such as guilt, shame, grief, fear, anxiety and sadness. Because our organism is creative, we can easily learn not to feel feelings by desensitising from our bodies. As a gestalt psychotherapist, I am trained to work with body experience and to support clients gently to regain a sense of safety in their bodies.
Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR)
Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (known as EMDR) is a method that helps to address deep rooted unhelpful patterns and beliefs that cause stress. It is one of the most studied approaches in the the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress and PTSD.
How can I help?
Many clients who work with me often lose themselves in the service of supporting their loved ones, family, friends and colleagues, before they start looking after themselves. While values of kindness and care for others are fundamentally positive, they can cause stress, low mood and anxiety for those who miss to establish self-care. Counselling & psychotherapy can help you to reprioritise your self-care and emotional wellbeing.
Please call or text me on 07470 036032 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
With more than 15 years experience as a researcher, facilitator and creative collaborator, I found myself drawn to the relational challenges we face. My own personal experience of being able to change and grow, and the joy of seeing others change and grow prompted my interest in counselling & psychotherapy.
My training enables me to support clients effectively. I draw from a wide set of tools to design each engagement based on client needs and preferences. I am experienced with short-term counselling and long-term psychotherapy and worked for various services including the NHS.
- MSc Gestalt Psychotherapy – Middlesex University, London
- Clinical Diploma Gestalt Psychotherapy – Metanoia, London
- Post-Graduate Diploma Contemporary Trauma Practice – Relational Change, Oxford
- Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counselling – Metanoia, London
- MA Digital Arts – University of the Arts, London
Continuous Professional Development:
- Part 1, 2 & 3 EMDR Europe Standard Accredited Training – EMDR Academy, Roehampton/Online
- Couples Counselling / Attachment – PESI UK
- Gender, Sex & Relationship Diversity – Pink Therapy, UK
- Delivering Psychotherapy & EMDR Online – EMDR Academy, EMDR Association & Online Therapy Institute
- Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching – AoEC, London
- Certificate in Humanistic Counselling – Gestalt Centre, London
- Foundation in Performance/Acting – Arts Ed, London
- UK Council for Psychotherapy – Accredited/Registered
- European Association for Gestalt Therapy – Full Member
- UK Association for Gestalt Practitioners – Full Member
- EMDR Association UK & Ireland – Member
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Fees for Counselling, Psychotherapy & EMDR
- First Introductory Session: £70 (50 min)
- Weekly Fee: £80 (50 min) / Concession: £70*
- Extended Sessions (e.g for EMDR): £120 (80 min) / Concession: £100*
* Concessions are available when fees are paid monthly in advance