MSc in Systemic Family Psychotherapist registered with UKCP (United Kingdom of Psychotherapists) and AFT (Association of Family Therapists).
Specialise in trauma work, understanding and working through trauma. How trauma impacts on individuals and families and the relationships within the family.
Offer individual, couples and family and therapy. Aim of supporting families working on enhancing relationships and barriers that they come across, supporting families with roles of parenting of meeting their children’s needs and look after own health and wellbeing in often high pressure and stressful work and life situation and balancing their roles that can cause variety of psychological (depression, anxiety) physical (pain) and interactive (relational) symptoms.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2016-2017: EMDR Academy and the stress and trauma centre ltd. EMDR accredited therapist.
- 2011-2013: University of Strathclyde Glasgow. Family Therapy: Systemic Psychotherapy.
- 2008-2011: Family Therapy Training Network. Foundation and intermediate study Systemic Family Therapy.
- 2008: CRFR Centre for Research on Families. University of Edinburgh. Listening to Children, research course.
- 2005-2007: University of Iceland. MSW (Master of Social Work).
- 1999-2001: University of Iceland. Qualified Social Worker.
- 1996-1999: University of Iceland. BA in Sociology.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.