MSc in Systemic Family Psychotherapist registered with UKCP (United Kingdom of Psychotherapists) and AFT (Association of Family Therapists) specialised in trauma work, how trauma impacts on individuals and families and the relationships within the family. Also a MSW in Social work and experience in Children and Family intensive support services in Glasgow.
Experience in offering family and individual therapy specialising in trauma and impact trauma has on relationships, the individuals and families. Specialised in working with complex trauma and PTSD.
Experience of working with children and families since 2001, supporting families working on enhancing relationships and barriers that they come across, supporting families with roles of parenting, supporting with relationships and trauma and the impact it has on them.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2016-2017: EMDR Academy and the stress and trauma centre ltd. EMDR accredited therapist.
- 2011-2013: University of Strathclyde Glasgow. Family Therapy: Systemic Psychotherapy.
- 2008-2011: Family Therapy Training Network. Foundation and intermediate study Systemic Family Therapy.
- 2008: CRFR Centre for Research on Families. University of Edinburgh. Listening to Children, research course.
- 2005-2007: University of Iceland. MSW (Master of Social Work).
- 1999-2001: University of Iceland. Qualified Social Worker.
- 1996-1999: University of Iceland. BA in Sociology.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
For Individual therapy session £65
Couple or family session £75
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|