Attracta Brown MBACP
- Anxiety & Depression - In Northern Ireland 1 in 5 of us will face a mental health problem sometime in our lives.
- Low Self Esteem - most children suffer alone with a sense of worthlessness. Many become adults with the same loneliness and sense of defeat
- Stress - one of the biggest problems causing absenteeism from school or lost days off work.
- Addiction - whether with alcohol, drugs, food or gambling lives fall apart and families hurt.
- Grief - Feeling alone or not understood after the loss of someone.
- Life Transitions - often the most difficult part of life is fitting in after a significant move or change.
- Trauma Related Issues - can result in the replay of unwanted horrible images, fear, isolation and harm.
- Couples Counselling- every year more marriages have such difficulties they end in separation or divorce.
- Anger Management - this is not a problem with being angry. Everyone has the right to be angry. It is more how you express anger and control it rather than it controlling you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2009 JMC Counselling & Training AQA
Advanced Diploma in Counselling
1999 AAT Newry
Association of Accounting Technicians
2015 Hypnotherapy MPM
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£30 PER HOUR for counselling
£125 Per Session for Hypnotherapy