I can support you with the following difficulties:
- Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD);
- Life changes and stress;
- Loss and bereavement;
- Recovering from bullying and abuse;
- Work related stress or challenges;
- Confidence and low self esteem;
- Anxiety, panic, OCD, social anxiety and phobias;
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD);
- Other problems, or taking a 'non-diagnostic' approach.
Please contact me if you have any questions, or to arrange a consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have offered therapy in the following services:
I have worked as a therapist for ten years. I have used a range of skills and techniques to provide support, to become ‘unstuck’, or to move forward in life.
I have the following qualifications:
- Postgraduate Diploma in High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (University of Birmingham, 2019 - 2020);
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychosynthesis Leadership Coaching (Institute of Psychosynthesis, London, 2018);
- Master’s Degree (MSc) in Counselling Psychology (Keele University, 2010-2013).
- I have attended regular CPD days.
I have professional membership with:
- The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP);
- The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
£80 per one hour session.
I offer reduced fees for students or if there is a barrier to accessing.
Thursdays and Fridays daytimes. Evening and weekend appointments available.
Please contact me to discuss what kind of support you would like.