Arti Hughes, Qualified Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, BABCP registered.
North Mymms Memorial Hall
36 Station Road
I am a fully qualified Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, Please have a look at my website or you can call me for a free telephone consultation. I am offering new clients 20% off all fees.
My private practice is called British Psychotherapy and I can help with the following difficulties:
- Stress at work
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Intrusive thoughts
- Social anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Excessive worry and feelings of being overwhelmed
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Health anxiety
- Body dysmorphic disorders
- Eating disorders
- Low self-esteem
- Building self-confidence
- Life Coaching
- Relationship difficulties and depression
- Depression due to bereavement/ grief
Here at British Psychotherapy I can offer Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBT) and Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) as two evidence base modalities to help treat anxiety and depression.
The therapy service will be tailored to your own individual needs and provide a personal service so we can determine together the appropriate therapy. I am a fully trained and qualified practitioner with a vast amount of experience within the NHS.
Therapy can be face-to-face, telephone or Skype. We can also offer home visits for assessment and treatment in special circumstances.
I have a lovely village location for the therapy clinic where i can see my clients during the day, in the evenings or at weekends and i always try to be flexible and accommodate.
Here at BRITISH PSYCHOTHERAPY I take confidentiality, client privacy and duty of care and ethical practice extremely seriously and always believe working together collaboratively with our clients to achieve the best results for them.
My motto here at BRITISH PSYCHOTHERAPY is improving your mood to help you live a better quality of life.
You are welcome to call me now to arrange a free consultation appointment to see how the service could meet your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a mother of three children, a wife and a Psychotherapist with over 11 years’ experience working in the NHS and nearly 20 years of experience working with child, adult and elderly mental health therapeutic services. As well as currently working in the NHS, I have started my own private practice, British Psychotherapy due to demand and recommendations my patients have made to others. For this, I am extremely grateful and privileged that I am able to help people in the journey to get better.
I have an enhanced DBS check certificate and I fully adhere by the standards of conduct, performance and ethics as a member of the British Association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies
I have worked for Hertfordshire Partnership NHS foundation trust and Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Trust as a Psychological Well-being Practitioner, offering low intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy based approached to patients with mild-moderate anxiety disorders and depression.
I have worked with elderly Neuro-degenerative patients for Central and North London NHS
Foundation Trust as an Assistant Psychologist.
I have worked with Forensic in-patients services with West London Mental Health NHS Trust and a forensic Health care assistant therapist.
AUTISM AND TRAUMA
I have worked with children with Autism and Trauma as a play therapist, for a children’s Charity.
I have worked for Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust as a High Intensity, Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, offering psychotherapy for moderate-severe anxiety and depression disorders.
Qualifications and Professional Training
- 2004 BSc Psychology Degree with Honours, University Of Westminster,
- 2009 Child protection training
- 2007, children’s safeguarding,
- 2009 Assertiveness training in in-patient forensic services,
- 2009 Core PTSD training in Forensics
- 2011 Certificate in post Graduate Mental Health, University of Hertfordshire,
- 2012 Mindfulness workshop, University of Hertfordshire
- 2015 Certificate for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Eating Disorders,
- 2016 Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (High Intensity), Royal Holloway University
- 2016 Certificate for Cognitive Behavioural therapy for working with persistent and severe Depression,
- 2016 Certificate for Cognitive Behavioural therapy for avoiding therapist drift (and staying on treatment protocol),
- 2016 Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural therapy for Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,
- 2017 Safeguarding Children, Safe guarding adults,
- 2018 Certificate for Anxiety and differential Diagnosis of Anxiety disorders,
- 2018 Interpersonal Psychotherapy (for depression) Practitioner Training, Anna Freud, National Centre for Children and Families,
- 2018 Certificate for compassion focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for severe Depression
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Health anxiety
- intrusive thoughts
- excessive worry
Photos & videos
THERAPY FEE LIST:
Free 15 minutes telephone therapy consultation to discuss your needs and how we can help you before every assessment appointment. Please call or email to book this consultation appointment.
Initial Assessment: £120 for 60mins
Single therapy session (post-assessment): £100 for 60mins sessions.
I am also able to offer home visits, therapy over the phone, or via SKYPE please contact me for fees and further details.
The therapy clinic venue is based in a lovely village memorial hall in North Mymms, Herts, AL9 7PG, near junction 23, M25 and A1. I can do home visits within a 15 mile radius of the therapy venue.
The Venue has access to a small kitchen area and toilet facilities for your convenience.
A 20% reduction of fees is available for new clients Please contact me to discuss this further.
Welham Green, Brookmans Park, Barnet, New Barnet, Cockfosters, Brickett wood, Hatfield, London Colney, Park street, Frogmore, St Albans, Potters Bar, Cuffley, Goffs Oak, Essendon, Northaw, South Mimms, Ridge,Shenley, Borehamwood, Elstree, Radlett, Edgware, Mill Hill, Stanmore, Welwyn, Welwyn Garden City, Watford, Cheshunt, Enfield, Hemel Hempstead, Harpenden, Southgate, Hertford, Knebworth, Stevenage.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sunday to Friday morning, afternoons, evening and late evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|