April Clarkley PGDip Couns, MBACP
Southcote Chiropractic Clinic
3 Sittingbourne Road
Do any of these apply to you?:
- I suffer from vivid flashbacks, feeling as though I am right back to a difficult time in my life
- I feel extremely panicked, upset or anxious when reminded of something that happened
- I have intrusive thoughts, images or nightmares since a trauma
- I have found it hard to sleep since a trauma happened
- An overwhelming fear is stopping me living life the way I want to
I offer a quick and effective 1 session therapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), phobias and other trauma related distress.
Unlike other therapies, this technique does not require you to talk over your difficult memories in detail. For those with phobias, you do not need to remember when your phobia started to benefit.
Available for adults, teenagers and children.
I help my clients to get back control of their lives, regain their confidence and realise that a future without fear is possible.
More information about this therapy can be found below:
- PTSD and Trauma - https://www.aprilclarkley.com/ptsd/
- Phobias - https://www.aprilclarkley.com/phobias/
Daytime and evening sessions available at Southcote Proactive Healthcare in Maidstone, Kent.
Please get in touch if you have any questions, or to book appointment, on 07894858677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Training, qualifications & experience
- 'Fast trauma and phobia cure' Training
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling with Children and Young People
- Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
I have a wealth of experience working with adults, young people and children through counselling at North Kent MIND, fostering agencies, residential units and local schools.
I am committed to undertaking regular supervision and practising within the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) ethical framework.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
£100 - 90 minute therapy session
£25/£50 - Catch up 20/50 minute session (duration and number of catch up sessions will be dependent on your need, however we usually require just one)
I welcome clients from all walks of life, regardless of religion, cultural background, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evening and daytime appointments are available.
Types of client