Aoife Drury- BSc, MSc, PgDip, PgCert, Dip
I am an accredited Psychosexual and Relationship Therapist with more than 10 years experience working in mental health. A graduate of both King's College, London and University College Dublin, my work involves supporting people with a wide range of challenges, from recognised mental health conditions (addictions, eating disorders, psychosis), to feelings of anxiety, depression, and low self esteem. My specialty is in Psychosexual and Couples Therapy. I work with clients on their sexual self esteem, allowing them to become comfortable in their own sexuality and exploring what is personally meaningful for them, whether or not they are in a relationship. I previously worked in 56 Dean Street as one of their psychosexual therapists. I am LGBTQI and KINK Aware and I am committed to creating a therapeutic environment where people of all backgrounds and gender-identities feel safe and supported.
Each individual I work with is unique in their personality, needs and the circumstances which will have led to them seeking support. So, while one therapeutic approach may be helpful for a particular client it might prove to be of no value to another. I work in an inclusive manner and both psychodynamically, existentially and with a cognitive behavioural approach.
As well as traditional 'talking therapy' I use other techniques and exercises that can be helpful including mindfulness and guided visualisation. How I work is determined by what the person I am supporting's challenge brings to the session, the approach they feel comfortable with and will be most effective.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited member of COSRT.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy-Diploma Centre of Excellence.
- Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy-Diploma (London School of Psychosexual Therapy) Middlesex University.
- Psychotherapy and Counselling-Diploma Regents University.
- War and Psychiatry-MSc Kings College University.
- Forensic Psychology and Criminology-Diploma Dublin Business School.
- Psychiatric Nursing-BSc University College Dublin.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in psychosexual dysfunctions and relational issues such as:
- Loss of desire and arousal difficulties.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Rapid or delayed ejaculation.
- HIV diagnosis.
- Sex/sexuality and culture.
- Sexual or performance anxiety
- Dyspareunia (pain during intercourse).
- Sexual abuse.
- Pornography and sex addiction.
- Sexual phobias or aversions.
Couples and Relationship Therapy:
- Communication difficulties.
- Sexual challenges.
- Fertility issues.
I also have extensive experience in many other mental health issues, not to mention a background in mental illness effected by war.
Individual sessions are £80.
Couple therapy is £100.
Skype sessions are £65 (daytime only).
I offer Skype sessions during the day at a lower rate. Please contact me if you wish for further information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently do not have any evening availability, however if this is the only time you can do I am happy to add you to my waiting list.
Types of client