Anthony Wootten MBACP
If you are looking for support, perhaps I can help. I am warm, supportive and confidential and will listen without judging. I will work with you to process difficult or painful thoughts and feelings, and to identify and draw on your inner resources to live a fuller, more satisfying life.
I am an integrative Counsellor psychotherapist. This means I am trained to integrate a range of therapeutic approaches to best suit my clients’ needs. I use different tools and approaches to find the best fit for you. This could include:
- supporting you to discover your potential and ability to make the right choices
- exploring your past and how this affects you today
- helping you to identify patterns in your thoughts and behaviours and find ways to change them
It's important you are comfortable with your therapist before you make a commitment. If you would like to explore whether we could work together why not contact me to arrange an initial assessment session. This allows you to get a sense of what it's like to be in therapy with me and for me to decide if I am right for you.
How I deliver therapy:
Short-term face-to-face work, Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Telephone counselling, Time-limited.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling; Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic skills and Theory; Certificate in Counselling Studies; Certificate in Counselling Skills.
I have also worked in the Education sector in a variety of roles for 22 years before retraining as a Counsellor. As well as my own counselling private practice, I also work with Young people in a low cost charity. I also work for a leading EAP provider providing assessments, face to face and telephone counselling. I have also worked with IAPT NHS Clients in a Lambeth Doctors surgery.
I also hold an up to date Enhanced DBS certificate.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My private practice is based in the Waterloo area, close to Lambeth North Tube Station (Bakerloo line) and Waterloo Station mainline and tube station. I also can offer sessions in Elephant and Castle.
- Initial Assessment is offered but this is chargeable. I do however offer an initial consultation on the telephone for 15 minutes which is free.
- Fees (per session) : £40.
- I also offer a concession rate for student counsellors and those on a low income, these are limited.
- Accessible Offices: Yes
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays: 8 am - 9 pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|