Annie Waldsax. BAHons, CTA,UKCP reg.
24/26 King Edward's Way
07771538879 / 07771538879
I am an experienced psychotherapist in private practice working from a peaceful village in Rutland. I work with adult clients experiencing a range of difficulties such as anxiety and depression, relational difficulties, divorce, bereavement and grief, anger, life transitions and low self esteem.
Coming into therapy does not always mean having a problem.Sometimes clients are looking at reviewing their life and the direction it is going in and find that an opportunity to spend time reflecting on their life is helpful. Life transitions such as the moves into marriage, parenthood, retirement and widowhood can be benefited when given space to reflect in a confidential environment.
I have extensive experience of working with families and children with such issues as: parenting and parenting styles, child emotional stages, separation and attachment. This includes the specific attachment, separation and behavioural challenges that can occur in post-adoption.
I work from my own home where I have a dedicated therapy room. My room offers a warm, confidential and comfortable environment and is suitable for individual clients or couples.
My approach is to explore what clients are wanting from therapy in a collaborative, respectful, accepting and empowering manner. Predominately I use careful listening and attend closely. However where appropriate I can also offer other creative ways such as drawing, writing or sculpting to help a client's work become more meaningful.
As a therapist I have developed and maintain a supportive network of colleagues. I am a member of UKCP(United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) and abide by their code of practice and ethical standards
Training, qualifications & experience
BAHons Art and Design
CTA.(Certificate in Transactional Analysis)
UKCP registered (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists)
Certificate in Neurolinguistic Programming-NLP Practitioner
Video Interactive Guidance-accredited (VIG UK)
Continuing Professional Development courses:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Bereavement- Dual Process Therapy
Story Telling in Therapy.
Employment history from 1995-2011: My employment has been a compliment of service development, clinical experience and assessments.
- NCH (Action for children) Daventry Family Centre-therapist/group worker
- Educational Psychology Sevice-Northamptonshire- School Behaviour project-Parent groups.
- Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust-(CAMHS)Child and Adolescence mental Health-Primary Mental Health Practitioner and parent-child therapist
- On Track-VIG Northampton-Video Interaction Guider and parent-child therapist. Free lance practitioner.
- Private practise psychotherapist working mostly with adults.
- Group Work-The Scaffolding. A guide for practitioners facilitating groups for parents. 2007. Waldsax & Precht
- Emotional Milestones in the Early Years from birth to 5years. CAMHS
- Ch 7. Parenting in: Promoting the Emotional Well-being of Children and Adolescents & Preventing their Mental Ill-health. A Handbook. Edit by Kedar Nat Dwivedi and Peter Brinley Harper.Jessica Kingsley Publishers. 2004
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Hourly rate of £45.00.
There is a charge for cancellations or non-attendance. In specific situations and in discussion with me this is negotiable.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
From April 2018 until July 2018 no more spaces available.
Types of client