I am a qualified down to earth psychotherapist who is dedicated to providing an inclusive service. I have completed several years of in depth study programmes at both college & university, covering the necessary professional levels of study required to offer quality psycho therapeutic services to the public, as a contemporary mental health practitioner.
I have undertaken numerous professional development courses and seminars (college and university) including: Anxiety, Trauma, Anger, Working with Children& Young People, Identity, Understanding Autism, Supporting families of special needs children, Parent support, Group Facilitation, Ageing, loss, self-harm, low self-esteem and culture.
As an Integrative therapist, I integrate the following modalities.
- Phenomenological Approach
- Mindfulness Approach
- Therapeutic Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
My service offers a professional, contemporary approach to mental well being.
As an inclusive service I invite all areas of the community, to experience the benefits of contemporary therapy with a down to earth Psycho-therapeutic practitioner including Parent/Carers of special needs children.
"The gym enhances the body and therapy enhances the mind".
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a science graduate counsellor/psychological therapist.
I studied for several years while maintaining an exemplary clinical practice.
Below I have entered a combination of relevant qualifications/training certification and experience..in the area of counselling and psychotherapy.
Although I have gained all the relevant academic qualifications evidence shows FD, BSc, MSc or higher, does not equate to a quality counsellor/therapist, but rather in addition to knowledge, it is the ability to genuinely connect to each person.
- Assessment in counselling
- Person centred Therapy
- Advanced Counselling Studies
- Counselling Skills and Theory
- Psycho-therapeutic Counselling Studies
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory (CBT)
- Reflective Therapeutic Counselling Practice
- Co dependency
- Working with identity, self-esteem and eating disorders
- Working with young people
- Working with Trauma
- Working with Anxiety
- Working with Anger
- Telephone Counselling Training (short and long term client work)
- Professional Development- in Autism/Aspergers- working with anxiety
- Working with parents of special needs children
- Working with Young people and Identity issues
- Certification working with Loss
- Certification working with Ageing
- Certification working with Self harm
- Race/Culture/Sociocultural issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Feeling sad
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Self doubt
- High functioning special needs
- Identity issues
- Parent/Carers of Special Needs children
Please see website for further details
Free initial telephone conversation.
£35 per session- face to face
£30 per session -telephone counselling
Online will soon be available
Concessionary/lower rates apply for the following: Please ask for details as to availability of spaces.
- lower income/unemployed/financial issues
- Students all ages (including ex-students now in voluntary work)
- Older people (lower income/financial issues)
New Introductory/taster sessions available (please ask for details)
I specialise in short and long term counselling & psychotherapy.
Parents/Carers- I offer specialist support in this area, as my experience in the area of Autism, supporting those with autism and their families (telephone and face to face), ensures I deliver quality services at all times.
A service for ALL.
No issue is too big or small.
At all times I adhere to BACP ethical principles which includes client confidentiality.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Service to resume end June however I am happy to conduct a communication general enquiry session (free) over the telephone Mon-Fri 10-2 pm (except Tuesdays). Please email for details.
Types of client