Anne Worrall BSc Honours MBACP
Since studying Psychology at University College London, I have volunteered for many years, specialising in children and adults dealing with trauma and bereavement. This has been varied and demanding and I have also travelled widely. My first volunteering experience was at Great Ormond Street Hospital as Volunteer assistant play therapist.
As an integrative counsellor, I work with different elements in therapy. This means that I can take different approaches to help each individual cope with their unique problems and world.
I work with the here and now, the present and the past, with childhood memories, beliefs and thoughts which affect us in our everyday lives. Together we can explore how to reach your ultimate goals and to enable your inner self to be unlocked and understood. I respect that we all experience life differently, depending on our past, our culture and unique lens.
I place the relationship between therapist and client at the heart of my work by creating a safe, trusting, caring, confidential and non judgmental space for you.
I offer One to One Face to Face Counselling with adults, students, young adults and children.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Honours Psychology University College London
- PGCE Primary Education, Roehampton University, London
- Level 2 & Level 4 Diploma in Counselling
- Cruse Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Cruse Bereavement Care for Children & Young adults
My experience includes:
- Mind Lambeth and Southwark, Mind Brent, Westminster and Wandsworth, Volunteer Counsellor
- Trustee Lambeth and Southwark Mind
- Cruse Volunteer Counsellor
- Student Volunteer Counsellor
- Co owner and shareholder of London day nursery business for under 5 year olds
- Prior experience: Great Ormond Street Hospital volunteer assistant play therapist;
- Primary School Teacher; Trustee Daycare Trust.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
£40 (London) to £30 per hour (Calne & Chippenham, Wiltshire)
Initial session is £20 per hour
To start therapy with me:
E mail me or ring me on my mobile with any queries you may have (such as current availability, preferred location and your current needs). E mail is best as I sometimes cannot take calls. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Do not worry as I will try and make this step as easy as possible as it can be quite daunting.
I see clients in the Therapy Rooms, Hathaway Surgery, 32 New Rd, Chippenham, SN15 1HP.
I also practice privately in Wiltshire in SN11 8YG and in London SW11 6AU.
I can offer short, medium or long term counselling depending on your individual needs and goals.
I adhere to the Codes of Ethics and Standard for counselling and psychotherapy of the BACP and am a Registered BACP member. I also hold a Professional Professional Liability Insurance with Towergate Insurance.
I speak fluent French.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays and some limited evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|