Dr Anne-Marie Catterall, Clinical Psychologist working with adults and teenagers
Hello, my name is Anne-Marie, I'm a Clinical Psychologist specialising in helping adults and teenagers over 16 with anxiety on adapting to transitions and achieving your life goals. I have over 15 years experience of working in the NHS and I offer a friendly and approachable private psychology service. My focus is on providing practical support and strategies to create positive change to enable you to live your life the way you want to.
I have clinic rooms in Wimbledon, London. Most of my appointments are home visits or “walk and talk therapy” in London and Surrey. I also offer telephone consultations and Skype sessions.
I am available on weekdays from 9.45am-4.30pm. I have some availability for evening or weekend appointments at a higher rate. Please do email to enquire if you are interested in an appointment.
I am registered with:
- The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the regulatory body for Clinical Psychologists.
- The Association of Child Psychologists in Private Practice (ACHIPP)
Please do see my website for more information and feel welcome to send me an email outlining the issue you wish to work on. I will email you back to let you know whether I can help or if I can recommend someone else. If we sound like we would be a good fit in terms of issues to address and the practical aspects of therapy then we can arrange a free initial telephone consultation of 15 minutes to chat and you can discuss in more detail what you are looking for and talk through what therapy would be like.
I accept Aviva, Bupa International, Cigna, Vitality and WPA health insurance. If you are with another insurer please do contact me if your insurer is happy to cover my standard rate.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Over 15 years of experience working in the NHS
- 10 years focusing on working with adults, parents and older teens
- BSc (Hons) in Natural Sciences from the University of Durham
- PGdip in Psychology from the University of Nottingham
- MSc in Health Psychology from the University of Southampton
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Hertfordshire
- Specialist post qualification CBT training
- Multi-Systemic Therapy training
- Post qualification training in cognitive assessment for children and young people
- Training in the Autism Assessment ADOS-2
- Social Communication, Emotional Regulation and Transactional Support (SCERTS) training through the National Autistic Society
- Specialist post qualification in Anxiety
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
- Initial 15 minute telephone consultation: Free
- First appointment (50-60 minutes): £150
- Therapy sessions / follow up sessions (50 minutes): £150
- Evening sessions after 5pm and weekend sessions (50 minutes): £190
- School / Home visits / “walk and talk therapy” (50 minutes): £150 plus travel time
- Telephone / Skype sessions (50 minutes): £150
- Supervision for other therapists and psychologists (50 mins): £150
Support for adults' and older teenagers’ wellbeing:
- Adjustment to the impact of life transitions: job and house moves, illness, adjustment to a family member's additional needs, antenatal and postnatal support and therapy.
- Supporting self-esteem and resilience
- Anxiety issues: generalised worries and fears, phobias, exam and job worries, health worries, panic attacks
- Low mood as a consequence of anxiety (I am not able to provide support for significant low mood or for self-injury in my private work)
- School and work related challenges (e.g. social relationships with peers and worries, the move to GCSEs, A levels, University)
- Cognitive assessments to identify strengths and needs
Specialism in different thinking styles:
- My NHS specialism has been working with people with different thinking styles, such as autism, Aspergers, ADHD, dyslexia and dyspraxia.
- A different thinking style can be a big positive, but these differences can create organisational, sensory and anxiety/self esteem pressures. It can be really valuable to work through your strengths and areas where you might need more support. We would often consider where you want to focus your emotional resources and what things are difficult. I provide practical strategies to scaffold any areas that you are finding challenging.
I use a integrative approach to provide therapy focusing on managing anxiety, building self esteem and dealing with transitions and life milestones. I really enjoy working with older teenagers, millennials and parents of young children on life goals.
This is a guide to the areas I offer support with, if you or your family member have a different issue you need advice and support with, then please do email me with a brief description of the issue.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available on weekdays from 9.45am-4.30pm at my standard fee. I have some availability for evening and weekend appointments at a higher rate.
Types of client