Anne Marie Lear
Way Forward Counselling
146-147 St. Helens Road
01792 720477 / 07951 933028
Anne is a fully qualified counsellor and member of the BACP (MBACP).
Anne is a Person Centered therapist. She is warm and caring and believes in demonstrating empathy, understanding, genuineness and congruence through her work as a therapist.
Anne is completely non-judgemental, a quality that is essential in developing a trusting relationship with her clients. Through the quality of the relationships she develops, she is able to encourage inner healing and client autonomy.
Anne works very deeply with all of her clients, ensuring that they are able to safely share their innermost feelings in a comfortable secure environment.
Anne's aim is to develop a sense of connectedness with her clients through which she works diligently to empower them to understand their emotional experience, and ultimately, to focus more positively on moving forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
Anne's professional career involved counseling clients for Powys Carers Service at Ystradgynlais Community Hospital, where she has counseled many vulnerable adults and their families.
This work has given her an array of experience in working with many life changing and challenging issues.
Anne entered private practice for Way Forward Counselling Services in 2015 where she has continued to build on her professional experience.
Anne's has gained experience dealing with: Bereavement, Suicide and Suicidal Ideation, Counselling Families following the death of a loved one to suicide, Sexual Abuse, Mental Health Difficulties, Stress and Anxiety, Marital and Emotional Difficulties, Family Problems, Depression, loss, Anger Issues, Guilt, Identity Issues, Domestic Violence.
- Foundation Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Ongoing)
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- CPCAB Level 4 in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 2 In Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 1 in Therapeutic Counselling
- ASSIST - Suicide Intervention Course
- Rainbows Programme - Helping to support children through bereavement and loss
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I charge £45 for a full hour of clinical therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|