Dr Anna Mathieson- Clinical Psychologist
Sutton Sports Injury And Physio Clinic
020 8254 2150 / 020 8644 6566
I am an HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist who specialises in working with people with a variety of health conditions. I have worked with children and adults across the lifespan in the NHS and various public sector organisations, gaining valuable experience in a variety of areas related to physical and emotional health and well-being. This includes supporting individuals to manage the impact that a health condition has on their quality of life, including the impact on relationships, work, daily routines, engagement in activities, socialising etc.
My particular areas of interest are pain management and rehabilitation from injury, and I have valuable experience of working with individuals with long-term conditions including cancer, kidney failure and neurological conditions such as stroke and Parkinson’s Disease. I have worked in both physical and mental health services and conducted research into adjustment to long term health conditions and the support needs of young parents.
My clinical approach includes, but is not limited to, modalities such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, Solution Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT).
I have a keen interest in supporting individuals to improve their quality of life and perform to the best of their ability, whether this is in the context of sport, work, relationships or just day to day life.
Please contact the clinic for availability.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc Single Honours Psychology class 2:1 awarded 2009
The University of Leeds – Institute of Psychological Sciences
MSc Health Psychology with Merit awarded 2011
The University of Bath
Doctorate in Clinical Psychology awarded 2015
PsychD Clinical Psychology
The University of Surrey
Including Placements within Community Mental Health Teams, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, and the Royal Marsden Hospital.
Training Courses include:
- Supervision Skills - Four workshops provided by the British Psychological Society
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) approaches in Physical Health Care - Three day training course provided by Dr Mary Welford
- Talking about Sex; What do we do when sex enters the room? Provided by the British Psychological Society
- Creative and Systemic Approaches in Paediatric Psychology- Provided by Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Working Systemically Within Health Care Settings - Provided by Professor Robert Bor
- Supporting Maternal Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Perinatal Period- Provided by the Division of Clinical Psychology Faculty for Perinatal Psychology
- Introducing the Science and Practice of Compassion Focused Therapy- Provided by Dr Charlie Heriot-Maitland
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Rehabilitation from injury
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
£100 per 50 minute appointment.
Some concession rates are available, for example for older adults- please do ask for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client