Ann Norris BA (Hons) MBACP
My Liverpool city based practise focuses on supporting individuals emotional wellbeing and helping them to rediscover their true Self.
I offer a professional and compassionate service dealing with many issues including anxiety, depression, self esteem, loss and grief.
Working with adults and children and young people.
I am a person centred psychotherapist who also offers CBT, Play Therapy and Brief Solution Focused Therapy.
We all need help and support at times and finding the right therapist is important.
It can be difficult to take that first step into Counselling. You may have felt that you could not burden your friends or family. You may have felt that nobody understands you.
How can I help ?
- My counselling room provides a safe welcoming space for clients to explore their world in a confidential and non judgmental way.
- The therapeutic relationship is both unique and powerful which can lead to effective lasting resolutions of issues.
- By listening carefully to you and applying a range of tested strategies that best meet your needs. over an agreed number of 50 minute sessions.
- When you contact me I will respond to you usually within the same day. We can then arrange to speak with one another at a convenient and private time. This is generally about a 20 minute chat which is obligation free. If you decide to go ahead, we can set up a day and time for an initial session where we can talk about what you would like to get out of counselling. If you are then happy to continue, I will set up a second session and we can arrange to meet weekly or fortnightly.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy
- School counsellor.
- University counsellor
- I work both privately and for mental health charities as a volunteer.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am qualified to work in schools with teachers and students and have an enhanced DBS certificate.
I can accommodate daytime and some evening appointments to suit your needs.
If you would like a no obligation chat at a time to suit you, then please contact me by email or call 0758 555 8565