Ann-Marie James MA Psychotherapist & Health Coach
Do you feel stuck but motivated for change?
I work with clients to level up their mental & physical wellbeing through psychotherapy, functional health coaching and breathwork training.
My unique training in depth psychotherapy, coaching, nutrition & health paired with 15+ years of client work allows me to offer you a specialist approach to common mental health challenges like anxiety & depression.
If you are facing difficulties with anxiety, chronic stress, panic or low mood you may wish to try Breathwork Training. This is a science-based approach to increase calm or boost your mood via your central nervous system.
For relationship difficulties, dealing with change or similar you may find psychotherapy the best way forward. This is an opportunity for exploration & conversation about how you need and want to move forward with your life.
Not sure which therapy is right for you? Get in touch, I would be happy to help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master of Arts, Pastoral Counselling, New York, USA, 2000
- BA(Hons) Counselling Psychology, Illinois, USA, 1998
- BACP Accredited since 2009
- Certified Health Coach (CHC) with the National Society of Health Coaches, USA, 2019
- Certified Nutrition Coach (Pn1) with Precision Nutrition, 2019
- Member of the UK Health Coaches Association
- Advanced Certificate in Emotion Focused Therapy for Couples, London, UK
- Certificate in Multi-Systemic Family Therapy, Maine, USA 2002
- Over 15 years experience in counselling & psychotherapy
- Co-Director, Mind Garden Therapy Ltd since 2010, Reading's largest centre for psychotherapy & counselling
- Breathwork trained with Intrinsic Way & ShiftAdapt.com (formerly PowerSpeedEndurance)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Health coaching
- Physiology coaching for anxiety, depression & stress
- £60 for individual psychotherapy (50 minutes)
- £40 for health/nutrition coaching or breathwork training (45 minutes)
- £85 for family therapy
- Other packages for breathwork coaching, health coaching & therapy available on request.
All services are online only at present.
Concessions offered for
Online sessions available: Tuesday & Thursday daytime and Wednesday evening.
- Nutrition, fitness & physiology for emotional health. Using the body in therapy to support the central nervous system for healing & health.
- Long term relationships
- Relationship difficulties including adjustment to divorce, separation, changes in primary relationships
- Mental illness & the impact on family
- Adult autism / Asperger's and its impact on family
- Family therapy for adult relationships in families (adult siblings / parents & grown children, etc.)