Ann Lowton (Counsellor & Cognitive Hypnotherapist)
It has taken a lot of courage for you to take this first step...
I am an experienced integrative psychotherapist, counsellor and cognitive hypnotherapist who works with young people, adults and older adults. Often people feel confused, unhappy or just overwhelmed by emotions, without often understanding or knowing the reason why. Our current or past experiences may unconsciously be impacting on our current relationships and everyday life causing us to experience stress, anxiety, panic attacks or other distressing mental health issues.
I do understand that it is often not easy to seek help, but know that although we may have family and friends it is often difficult to talk honestly and openly to those closest to us for a variety of reasons.
I have worked in mental health services, counselling agencies, schools and private practice for many years, and am a sensitive and transparent therapist helping my clients through difficult and stressful times.
However, only you are the expert in your life!
I am an experienced and Accredited BACP Counsellor and Psychotherapist and a qualified registered Cognitive Hypnotherapist and NLP Practitioner, who can offer you a safe, supportive, confidential and non-judgemental space within which we will work alongside each other. By utilising different therapeutic approaches, I will strive to assist you accessing your own inner strengths and resources which will assist you in becoming more confident and better able to deal with both past and future experiences and live the life you deserve.
“Every journey starts with a single step…”
I am here to walk alongside you on your journey to a more satisfying and fulfilling life. I welcome you to give me a call today on: 07821 932441 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma (M) in Applied Systemic Theory
- Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Systemic Theory
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Certificate in Brief Therapy
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy (HPD)
- Cert NLP Practitioner
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency Registered
- Retired Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Confident Childbirth Practitioner
Additional trainings include
- Drug and alcohol misuse/addiction
- Child protection
- Sexual abuse
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Transgender conflict.
- MBACP (Accred) (Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- NCH (Member of National Council of Hypnotherapy)
- CNHC (Registered Member of Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
- NHS – 28 years working in the mental health field
- Signpost Youth Counselling Agency working with 11 - 25 year olds
- GP Counsellor
- School Counsellor – current, working with 11 - 18 year olds
- Private Practice, based in Bushey and Radlett
I work in an integrative way tailoring my approach to each individual, using knowledge from
- Person Centred therapy
- Systemic Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy
- Solution Focused Brief therapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- school stresses
- work stresses
- low self esteem.
I offer a free initial 30 minute telephone consultation to briefly discuss the issues and see whether we are happy to work together
Individual counselling - £ 60.00 per session (60 mins).
Couple incl. Parent/Child - £ 90.00 per session (90 mins).
Hypnotherapy - £70.00 per hour including recording of 1 script
48 hours or more - £20.00.
Less than 48 hours, full fee charged.
Please give me a call today on: 07821 932441 or click here to send me an email.
I hold an enhanced DBS Certificate.
Full professional liability insurance.
I attend regular supervision in line with BACP requirements to support my work and further my professional development.
I have easily accessible Consulting rooms in both Bushey and Radlett and also see clients from surrounding areas including Watford, Stanmore, Harrow, Northwood and St. Albans.
I really look forward to hearing from you when you are ready to begin the changes you wish to make.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
For those with mobility problems and unable to manage stairs, home visits may be possible.
Mondays and Fridays between 09.00 and 1700 hours. Saturdays between 09.00 and 1300 hours Evenings from 16.30 hours
Types of client