Anjali Mehta - Brighter Life Therapy - CBT Therapist
I am a CBT Therapist and Clinical Director of Brighter Life Therapy, a private practice offering fast access CBT therapy to children and adults to manage stress, low mood and anxiety, based in Reading, Berkshire, and surrounding areas.
Due to Covid-19, all our work is remote and I can support clients anywhere in the UK via zoom or telephone sessions.
I have vast experience in:
- face to face/telephone/online therapy with children and adults
- lecturing trainees at the University of Reading and University of East Anglia
- supervising trained and qualified clinicians
- supervising big research studies
- providing consultancy to universities, other professionals and the film industry.
If you're interested in working together, please call or email me to set up a free 15 minute initial consultation over the telephone, where we can work out if I'm the right therapist for you. If you're happy to continue, we can then book you in for an hour long assessment and arrange a weekly slot going forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold the following qualifications and accreditations:
- BSc Psychology (Hons)
- Postgraduate Diploma in CBT (Distinction and award for top student in the whole department)
- Accreditation with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- I provide a free 15 minute initial consultation to discuss your needs and see if I'm the right therapist for you.
- I charge £85 per hour for adults for assessment and therapy.
- For children under 18, I charge £110 per hour of therapy, which includes the extra time spent liaising with parents, schools and other involved professionals (with the family's consent). The assessment is £220 and this includes a 1 hour 20 minute assessment session with the child and parents, and a full report provided to the family.
- I offer 10% of block bookings of 10 treatment sessions.
I'm a friendly CBT Therapist, and always work hard to ensure my clients are happy and working towards their goals. I work in a collaborative way, such that you play an active role in your journey to feeling better. Please do get in touch with me for a free initial consultation on 0118 40 50 108.