Dr Angelica Raine
I am a HCPC registered Counselling Psychologist trained in CBT and Integrative therapy. My predominant experience is working in children's services in the NHS, delivering therapy, assessments and formulations within the areas of mental health, Autism and Adhd.
Therapeutic experience as a Trainee Psychologist
- NHS Affective Disorder's Team
- NHS Specialist Psychotherapy team
- Place2be (Children's therapy service)
- Durham University Counselling Service
I have experience as a support worker, teacher and retail worker. The majority of my experience has been supporting adults and children with Autism and Learning disabilities. I have worked in the NHS for the last few years initially as a trainee psychologist, and more recently as a qualified psychologist.
As part of my training I accessed 40 hours of personal therapy and made the decision to continue this for my own wellbeing. Therapy is something I believe everyone should access at some point in their lives. Receiving therapy helps us to better understand ourselves and work through anything that might be unresolved in our lives (past and present). Whether this is the first time you are considering therapy, or something you have already accessed, it can be a somewhat daunting experience to begin with. Therefore, I offer an initial free telephone consultation. This is a chance to talk about what you expect from therapy and what therapeutic model might be most appropriate. We can also discuss dates, times, duration and any other questions you may have. After this conversation it is then your decision if you would like to start therapeutic work with myself. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email to arrange a telephone conversation, or if you prefer, to ask questions via email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (Teesside University) 2020 - Training included CBT, Psychodynamic and Integrated therapy
- Counselling Level 1 and 2 (Durham College) 2015
- Cambridge ESOL Level 5 in teaching English to speakers of other languages (CELTA) 2012, University of Cambridge
- PGCE in higher education specialising in Psychology and ESOL (Teesside University) 2012
- Psychology Bsc Hons (Northumbria University) 2011
Therapy and other qualifications
- EMDR Part 1, 2 3 and 4 (EMDR Masterclass: EMDR Europe Association) 2021
- Children Safeguarding Training Level 3 (NHS) 2020
- Trauma Focused CBT (Northern Centre for Psychological Therapies Training) 2020
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) training (NHS) 2019
- DBT skills training (NHS) 2019
- Play Therapy (Place2be) 2018
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Areas that I specialise in:
- Depression/low mood
From £45.00 to £65.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
£65 for 50 minute sessions
Concession rates of £45 offered to students, trainee counsellors/therapists/psychologists and those who are currently unemployed.
No remaining availability at present.
Currently there is a waiting list for video/telephone calls and face to face appointments.
I am registered with the Independent Commissioner's Office (ICO) and also have professional indemnity insurance. I also have full DBS cover.