Angela Walsh BSc (Hons) MBACP States of Mind
Abergavenny Natural Therapy Centre
12 Cross Street
Gwent Natural Health Centre
31, Maryport Street,
07963 839 036
I am a Systemic Counsellor, and I offer a service for adults, and young people, whereby we can meet and talk together, in confidence, about any of life's problems which might be troubling you. I will respect and honour your unique life story.
My belief is that the emotions and moods which you may be experiencing are a natural communication of what is going on in your life. These feelings may be communicating some disturbance in and around you, and this could be a useful time to be coming along to Counselling.
We can have conversations which reveal the themes and stories influencing your experiences, and the way you feel; we will learn about what connects you with the networks, relationships, and environments of your life (family, partners, work colleagues, friends, neighbourhood).
There will be values, strengths and resources in the story of who you are. As we make sense of the different parts that make you an individual, we will discover openings to develop different experiences and fuller meanings for your life, in the here and now, and maybe for the future.
Standard counselling sessions can last between 50-60 minutes. Sometimes clients find that, the hour goes very quickly, and it can be helpful to book for a longer session. Sessions lasting for 90 minutes (one and a half hours) are now available also.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Systemic Counselling.
BSc in Systemic Counselling Studies.
The Family Institute Basic Competence for Counselling in placement with Children and Young People.
The Family Institute Diploma Level 5 Systemic Counselling Studies.
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Level 4
- Understanding Domestic Abuse, MARAC and Risk
- Substance Abuse Awareness
- Domestic Abuse:Effects on Children
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills
- ACT Therapy training
- Safeguarding Children, Recognition, Referral, and the Child Protection Process.
- Hidden Sentence Training
- Protection of Adults Level 3
- Working with Children/young persons
- Introduction to Play Therapy Continued Professional Development:
- Way of the Horse: Taster day for Counsellors wishing to explore Equine Assisted Therapy
- Beyond Shame: Helping Clients recover Pride and Self Worth in Psychotherapy
- Moving Carpets: A Systemic Approach to working with Borderline Personality Disorder
- Mind in Body: The Self of the Systemic Therapist in Practice and Everyday Life
- Exploring Personal Identities
I have eight years experience Counselling with Adults, and young people, within the voluntary sector, and am used to working alongside various diagnoses of mental health disorders.
Able to integrate, and, trained in various models of Counselling; preferred approaches are Systemic, Existential, and Solution Focus: Methodologies are Dialogue and Narrative.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Your Counselling can be short term, long term, open-ended.
For sessions lasting 50-60 minutes, your price guide is:
For sessions lasting 90 mins / 1.5 hrs, your price guide is:
I have spent my life living and working amongst different communities, urban and rural.
Key interests are:
The natural world, countryside, walking my dogs. I love all sorts of music, and art. Developing interests in ecology of the planet, and of people. I am interested in ongoing learning.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am currently available Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, weekday evenings, and Saturday mornings.
Types of client