Angela Privett BACP Registered Counsellor, and Supervisor
About Me My name is Angela and I am a qualified and registered counsellor. I completed my training over 10 years ago and have experience working in voluntary placements as well as in private practice during this time. I work with individuals and with couples bringing a wide range of issues. My experience has been with helping others to deal with the challenges that life brings in the form of anxiety, depression, relationship issues, loss, bereavement, work related stress, redundancy, to list just a few. In addition, I have over 10 years' experience working in Human Resources which has included counselling and coaching staff.
The Process It can be daunting to take the first step to make contact with a counsellor. It takes courage and strength and is a reflection on your ability to address the areas in your life that are causing you distress and unhappiness. We can work through these together. The pace is set by you and the therapy is based on the relationship that develops over time. There is no stigma associated with seeking the help you need to turn your life around and reach your full potential.
What can you expect from our sessions?
- As your therapist, I will work with you in a non-judgmental way working towards empowering you to take back some control.
- After an initial assessment session, provided we are both happy to proceed, we will agree to meet on a weekly basis. Usually this will be on the same day of the week, and at the same time of day.
- Together we will discuss what you want to achieve from counselling.
- Sessions will be confidential. (Any limitations to confidentiality will be discussed at your initial assessment session.)
- I tailor my therapeutic approach to the individual needs of you, the client, working in a way that suits you, at a pace set by you.
- We will have regular reviews to look at progress and to ensure the therapy is working for you, shifting our focus if we need to.
- You can have as many sessions as you need, there is no limit to how many sessions you can have.
My belief is that the counselling process works through the development of the therapeutic relationship where you will be able to gain trust through being in a safe environment. By doing this we can address any areas that are stopping you from progressing with your life and achieving your best possible outcome. My commitment is to be there for you at an agreed time and place to ensure you are given the time and space you need.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Humanistic Eclectic Counselling (person centred, existential and gestalt) 2005
BSc in Psychology 2001
MSc in Psychology 2013
Essential Supervision Skills 2015
BPS Accredited Third Wave CBT Certificate 2017
BPS Accredited Working with Trauma (2018)
Various workshops to keep up to date with developments in counselling theory and practice.
Experience working at the Counselling & Life Management Centre in Harlow, MIND in Southend on Sea and most recently in a private setting.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am a humanistic eclectic therapist. I use a number of different approaches, delivered in a person centred way and adapted to suit the needs individual of the client.
The charge for individual therapy is £45-55 per 50 minute session. The number of sessions needed varies for each individual client but normally the minimum would be around 6 sessions.
Concessions for student counsellors of £30 per session.
The counselling hour is 50 minutes long.
For couples therapy the fee is between £60-£70.
Supervision - £40 per hour for Counsellors in practice.
As well as being a trained and experienced counsellor, I am able to offer supervision to other counsellors.
- Also registered with Life Coach Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Counselling room is separate from the house and involves a couple of small steps to gain access.
Monday day time and weekday Evenings from 7.00pm. It may be possible to arrange appointments outside these hours.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
My approach is humanistic eclectic with particular experience in person centred, existential and gestalt.