Saddleworth " Listening Ear" Counselling/Supervision service.
I have been a registered member of BACP since 2003 as a counsellor and supervisor.
I currently work part-time for a company that deals with weight loss, this I have done for 5yrs . This includes working with your Relationship with food and the triggers that prevent you taking control over your weight, looking at comfort eating, binge eating, and better ways of taking care of yourself. I facilitate group supervision monthly for the therapist team.
What I find is clients have a wide range of underline mental health issues including anxiety, depression, relationship problems, trauma, and bereavement . I give you a safe space to talk and be heard with respect and care. Giving you space, and time to process helping you understand/identify how you can make realistic changes in you life with my support whilst joining you on this journey of discovery.
I have 10yrs experience working for Women's Aid Domestic Abuse. This work has brought a huge range of issue including all forms of Abuse. Family and friends relationships working on boundaries to keep you safe within the relationship. I worked with young people, families, and provided 1-1 and group supervision to the volunteer trainee counsellors.
I have a small private practice as a counsellor and supervisor to counsellors .I work with individuals young people/adults , couple's, and family's helping resolve any issues and helping to support you to reach your potential.
I have been employed to provide EAP counselling for some insurance companies.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2004 Strathclyde University
- Post Grad Dip in Person Centred Counselling Strathclyde. accredited course
- 2006/7 Playfield centre Fife Scotland.
- Introduction to Play therapy , Music therapy, Drama therapy, Mediation, Couple counselling, Group facilitation
- 2008 Jennie Biancardi
- certificate in supervision Person centre Psycho drama accredited course
- 2010 Glasgow therapy centre
- Tool kit in CBT accredited course
- 2003 volunteered Fife Abuse Survivors project , Drug and Alcohol project
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Weight loss ( understanding your relationship with food )
Individuals I have a sliding scale £30-£50 you pay what you can afford on the scale. 50min
Couples £45. 50 min session.
Family £45 . 50 min session.
Home visit £60. 50 min session.
supervision I have a sliding scale £30-60 you pay what you can afford on the scale.
Companies £45 individual session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have been a person centred supervisor 12 yrs.