Andrew L. Gill, mBACP, BA(Hons)
Counsellor (mBACP)* providing a friendly face-to-face service in Southend-On-Sea, welcoming anyone seeking to help change their lives and improve upon their mental well-being. I work eclectically with different therapies to tailor unique sessions suited for my clients on an individual basis.
Existential/Person-Centred approach to my work, which helps create the conditions of unconditional positive regard, honesty and empathy that encompasses a working relationship.
I work with all ages though am adept with children and young adults/teenagers.
I can work methodically using CBT and TA methods, which are particularly useful when combating anxiety. I can also work Creatively when working with children or young adults/teenagers.
Assessments provided as to determine how to work with clients safely and positively.
My contactable hours via phone are: 9am-8pm. If unavailable please leave a message with your name and contact number as well as a convenient time to contact you.
My email is available anytime.
My working hours are subject to availability and mainly include weekends.
*I am a member of and adhere to the BACP statute of ethical practice which can be found on their website: www.bacp.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Degree in Counselling (BA Hons)
- Service Level 6 Counselling
- Over 7 years of experience
- Training with Loss and Bereavement
- Training with Addiction
- Training with Anxiety
- Training with Depression
- Training with Relationships.
- Integrated Existential and Person-Centred methodology
- Other therapies used include CBT, Transactional Analysis, Mindfulness, Relaxation as well as Creative skills
- Eclectic use of tailored therapies
- Continued professional development and training
- Life experience with; bullying, loneliness, meaninglessness, social angst and anxiety, self-esteem and confidence issues, working with children, working with vulnerable adults and carers, relationships including education and effective communication.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
I charge a fixed rate of £30 per session for individual clients.
Couples counselling £40 for joint sessions and £30 for individuals.
Trainee and student counsellors as well as children under the age of 16
charged at £20 per session.
Each session runs for a duration of 50 minutes (known as a therapeutic hour).
I work at a shared building in Southend-On-Sea, under the company name: Therapy For Life, please use the intercom pressing buzzer 8 at the front door to gain access and proceed to the first floor where I will greet you
Public parking is available within walking distance of the shared building in Southend-On-Sea either in side-streets or at a car park near by.
Map to find Therapy for Life in Southend-On-Sea:
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Phone 9am-8pm Fri-Sun, if unavailable please leave a message. Email me anytime.
Types of client