Andrew Dale, UKCP reg.
Hello. I am a registered Psychotherapist (UKCP). I offer a confidential space to talk if you're feeling stuck, overwhelmed or can't see a way forward. It's also a place to explore changing things in your life.
I have particular interest in supporting people with relationship problems, childhood trauma and abuse, bereavement, self-esteem, direction in life, and spiritual issues. I have experience of working with these issues and with the following issues: Stress; depression; domestic violence; workplace problems; stages of life; and personality disorder.
My training is Integrative. This means that I have been trained in a model which sees common features across all schools of psychotherapy and counselling and which sees relationships as central to psychological health. My qualifications are listed below. My principal qualification is Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (completed 2015). I have experience of working in the private and voluntary sector.
I adhere to the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy's Ethical Principles and Code of Professional Conduct.
Training, qualifications & experience
- My principal qualification is the Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Metanoia Institute, Ealing, London.
My other relevant qualifications are:
- Introduction to Group Analysis: Group Analysis South West - a one year training in the principles of group psychotherapy and group work.
- Therapeutic Engagement in Mental Health: Avon & Wiltshire NHS Trust - a one year training in the principles of therapeutic work in a mental health setting.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, First Class: The Open University
- Certificate in Counselling Skills level 2: City of Bristol College
- Professional courses in Brief Solution-focused Therapy; and Motivational Interviewing
- In addition I continue to attend regular courses, events and talks to further my own learning and continuing professional development.
I have been seeing clients in private practice since 2013. I also work part-time at Network Counselling & Training, in Bristol, as Counselling Co-ordinator. In the past I have tutored on a Counselling Foundation course, worked in Avon & Wiltshire Partnership NHS Trust as a Trainee Psychotherapist, and worked at Kinergy, in Kingswood as a Trainee Psychotherapist, counselling survivors of sexual abuse and rape.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45 per 50-minute session.