Andrew Dale, UKCP reg.
Hello. I am a registered Psychotherapist (UKCP). I offer a confidential space to talk if you're feeling stuck, overwhelmed or can't see a way forward. It's also a place to explore changing things in your life.
I have particular interest in supporting people with relationship problems, childhood trauma and abuse, bereavement, self-esteem, direction in life, and spiritual issues. I have experience of working with these issues and with the following issues: Stress; depression; domestic violence; workplace problems; stages of life; and personality disorder.
My training is Integrative. This means that I have been trained in a model which sees common features across all schools of psychotherapy and counselling and which sees relationships as central to psychological health. My qualifications are listed below. My principal qualification is Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (completed 2015). I have experience of working in the private and voluntary sector.
I adhere to the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy's Ethical Principles and Code of Professional Conduct.
Training, qualifications & experience
- My principal qualification is the Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Metanoia Institute, Ealing, London.
My other relevant qualifications are:
- Introduction to Group Analysis: Group Analysis South West - a one year training in the principles of group psychotherapy and group work.
- Therapeutic Engagement in Mental Health: Avon & Wiltshire NHS Trust - a one year training in the principles of therapeutic work in a mental health setting.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, First Class: The Open University
- Certificate in Counselling Skills level 2: City of Bristol College
- Professional courses in Brief Solution-focused Therapy; and Motivational Interviewing
- In addition I continue to attend regular courses, events and talks to further my own learning and continuing professional development.
I have been seeing clients in private practice since 2013. I also work part-time at Network Counselling & Training, in Bristol, as Counselling Co-ordinator. In the past I have tutored on a Counselling Foundation course, worked in Avon & Wiltshire Partnership NHS Trust as a Trainee Psychotherapist, and worked at Kinergy, in Kingswood as a Trainee Psychotherapist, counselling survivors of sexual abuse and rape.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£45 per 50-minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday daytimes; Wednesday evenings
Types of client