Fratton Community Centre
Trafalgar Pl/Off Clive Road
I am a fully qualified and experienced counsellor, who is a registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP).
I offer short and long term therapy for Portsmouth and surrounding areas.
As well as working from a very private and confidential office, I can come to your home for 'home visits', or can do walk and talk from a location of your choice.
In addition to my private practice I have a wealth of experience of working with children/young adults 11-25 years old.
During the initial enquiry you will you will have an opportunity to ask me anything that you are not sure about. We can explore whether we can develop a working relationship, and whether you can feel comfortable and safe to work with me.
First session consists of assessment and setting goals for therapy and agreeing on best times and dates for future sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
Four years as a voluntary counsellor working with 11-25 year olds.
Basic counselling skills 1, 2 and 3.
Diploma Humanistic/Gestalt counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Children/young people.
- Domestic abuse/violence.
Sessions are generally held weekly at a fee of £50.00.
Skype/telephone sessions £40.00.
I also offer a limited number of concession spaces depending on availability.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday 10.00am - 9.00pm Friday & Saturday 10.00am - 4.00pm
Types of client