Andrea Sevenoaks, MBACP Reg, UKATA Dip TA Practice
I am a qualified Psychotherapeutic Counsellor specialising in Anxiety and Depression. My approach is firstly to help you identify any coping strategies that might give you some symptom relief in the short-term. From there, we can work together to unravel and make sense of what might be at the root of your anxiety and / or depression and to help you gain the resources you need to make positive, permanent change.
What to expect
I am a humanistic therapist, which means that I do not give advice or claim to have a magic wand that can 'fix you'. My approach is to work alongside you, facilitating you to find your own answers and providing you with a safe, accepting space in which to explore what's really going on for you.
Some people find the experience of simply telling their story, and being truly heard, deeply therapeutic in itself. However, therapy is a lot more than just being listened to and may include:
- Exploring the root causes of your anxiety and depression
- Making sense of past experiences and how they may be affecting the choices you are making in the present
- Identifying any triggers and developing coping strategies
- Learning some simple psychological concepts to help you to better understand yourself and view your life through a different lens
- Challenging yourself to try out new ways of managing your life and your relationships
- Identifying any immediate, practical steps you could take to improve your mood and outlook in the short-term
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis (TA) Practice and Certificates in Counselling Skills and Counselling Studies. I have completed 3 years of Advanced Clinical Training in TA Psychotherapy and 2 years of counselling training.
In addition to my private practice, I also work for a low-cost counselling service in Hastings and am a volunteer counsellor at a local school.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
Initial phone consultation
I offer a free 15-minute phone consultation to talk about your particular issues and answer any immediate questions.
Assessment session £40
An introductory, 50 minute session, giving you the chance to ask questions and begin exploring what has bought you to therapy.
Subsequent sessions £40
We will then agree a set day and time on which to meet each week. Sessions are 50 minutes in length. You can opt for open ended therapy, whereby we work towards a specific goal, or time limited, where we work together for an agreed number of sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Some weekend appointments are available
Types of client