My experience of life is that it’s a journey with the only certainty being change, often the changes aren’t easy or even by choice and can impact us in many ways.
I’m a qualified Person Centred counsellor who believes in the humanistic principle that you are unique and have the ability to discover your own solutions in a non-judgemental and supportive environment. I provide a safe and confidential space for you to explore the issues you bring together.
I’ve gained a breadth of experience counselling clients working through issues of:
- bereavement and ill health
- gambling and alcohol addiction
- eating disorders
- gender identity
- sexual and domestic abuse.
I also welcome clients who are presented with life limiting diagnosis, end of life decisions and issues that arise as carer for someone.
More about how I work:
I have a therapy room in the centre of Truro. I’m a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBCAP) working ethically and with regular supervision towards Accreditation. I’m fully insured and have a current enhanced DBS check as I mentor university students and counsel young people for a local charity in addition to my private practice.
Self-care is an important to me and moving to Cornwall 18 months ago was an important step for me. Being outside walking the beaches and countryside is therapeutic and with the company of my young dog, very uplifting; spending time with my family and friends is very important; practicing yoga and meditation for the peace it brings and dancing just for the fun of it provides a balance.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Person Centred 2015
- PGCE Greenwich University 2005
- BA Hons Degree Psychology - Open University 1992
- Volunteer as a young persons counsellor - KOOTH 2018- ongoing
- Co-Tutor L4 Counselling Course CPCAB 2017-ongoing
- Teacher of L5 L3 Counselling Courses 2015-2016;
- Peer Support Trainer and Supervisor - Southampton University 2015-16
- Portsmouth Counselling Service post qualification 2015-16
- 2013-15 Voluntary work with Gamcare Southampton; The Bereavement Charity Petersfield; Young persons counsellor at Havant College, Hants;
- Safeguarding young people 11 years + - 9 hours KOOTH 2018
- 10 hours training as volunteer for KOOTH 2018
- Compassion Focused Therapy dealing with Trauma - 24 hours Dr Deborah Lee 2017
- Child sexual exploitation and abuse - 21 hours CISter's registered charity 2017
- MHFA lite course - Southampton University 2016
- Trauma and the body: Somatisation and Dissociation - PODS 6 hours 2015
- Abuse - what, when how to respond - Portsmouth Counselling service 2015
- Working with Problem Gambling - 12 hours Gamcare Southampton 2014
- Bereavement Training - 30 hours The Bereavement Counselling Charity 2013
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
I offer a free half hour for us to meet and ensure we both feel comfortable to work together. I charge £45 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer counselling appointments during the day as well as evenings
Types of client