Andrea Gavin B.Sc (Hons), MA, MBACP (Accred).
I offer counselling and psychotherapy in Peacehaven and am fully qualified, insured and accredited. I practice from a quiet room, with free parking locally and have flexibility with daytime appointments and am also able to offer some evening/weekend options. Do message me if you have a query or would like to find out more about how I work.
After completing a degree in Psychology I completed my Masters degree in Psychotherapy which included attachment-based psychotherapy, Gestalt, TA and then did shorter trainings in CBT, Mindfulness and brief therapy. In addition, I am trained as an online counsellor and offer remote therapy.
I qualified in 2009 and have over 10 years experience of working in wellbeing, recovery and the NHS in adult mental health. I also have experience of supporting people on return to work or education plans. My approach enables me to draw on a range of approaches depending on what works best for you.
Some background history:
In addition to my private work, I have worked in:
- Prison services
- In-patient/outpatient Mental Health
- Wellbeing Clinics
- Employment Services
- Minority Community Groups
- GP/NHS Clinics
Areas I have experience and interest in are:
- emotional and psychological wellbeing
- personal development
- sadness, sense of feeling stuck, lack of motivation and drive to include clinical depression
- stress, anxiety, worry and panic
- grief, loss /adjustment: bereavement, major life transition i.e. loss of job; child; parent
- self identity: family role/status, cultural identity; self-esteem and self worth
- self-regulation: difficulties in managing/experiencing emotions as well as self-harm
- change or conflict in relationships: divorce, domestic violence, childbirth
- Uncertainty/loss of direction
- Expat issues
I am unable to provide crisis services and recommend that anyone needing immediate support contact the Samaritans, GP or local A&E
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Psychology
- Diploma in the Therapeutic and Educational Application of the Arts
- MA in Integrative Psychotherapy
- Introductory courses in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) , mindfulness (MBCT) and EMDR
BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist (BACP Reference 600084). BACP Registered (041101)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
My fees range from £35 to £55 and generally fees are agreed at the introductory session as I appreciate everyone's circumstance is different.
I also provide discounted fees for therapists in training and those on a low income.
I offer a free initial telephone session (30 mins) which enables you to have an initial chat about your circumstances and choices going forward.
Deciding to start therapy is a big step and as such choosing the right therapist for you is a crucial part of this process. I am happy to talk through my style of working to explore if this fits with your hopes and expectations.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and weekends
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|