Amita Shukla (BACP), BSc., PGDip. Integrative Psychotherapist
07596 560 858
Hi my name is Amita and I am an Integrative Psychotherapist (Postgraduate Diploma) and currently am studying towards my Masters within the same field. I am a member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and working towards my United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) accreditation.
For as long as I can remember I have always had an interest in how the mind works, how and why we behave the way we do, the way environmental and genetic factors affect how we see the world around us and how we interact with each other. I believe our differences make us unique and everyone has a valuable part to play in society.
After achieving my Bachelor of Science with Honours in Human Psychology in 2008, I spent a number of years travelling the world and have met people from very different walks of life and experienced living in diverse cultures.
I am very open minded and passionate about helping people who are going through challenging times in their lives. My aim is to offer professional support to help individuals get through any difficult period they may be facing and find the strength to overcome their struggles.
By working together through an open, honest and confidential relationship, following ethical and professional practices, I believe we can help you to find coping mechanisms to help you to live in better harmony.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 7)
- Member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- BSc with Honours in Human Psychology (Level 6)
- Member of Women’s Aid UK
- Continued Professional Development (CPD) in Suicide
- CPD in Domestic Violence Awareness
- CPD in Sexual Violence Awareness
- Certificate in Counselling (Level 3)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Level 2)
Currently completing my MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy (Level 7).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Face-to-face - £35 per session (50 minutes)
- Telephone - £30 per session (50 minutes)
- Skype - £30 per session (50 minutes)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|