Amir Oren M.A, HCPC, BPS, CPsychol Bridges Therapy Centre
I am a Chartered Health Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
I have extensive experience working with both children and adults coping with different psychological symptoms and medical conditions.
Over the years I have worked extensively with people with problems such as depression and anxiety (e.g. stress, OCD, specific phobias, health worries, sleep problems, skin picking and trichotillomania).
I also have experience in working with children with ADHD and providing consultations to parents on different parenting issues (e.g. behavioural problems in school or at home).
I have a special interest and knowledge in applying Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and integrating Mindfulness-based CBT/Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Biofeedback training and Hypnosis into the therapeutic process.
I provide goal driven, brief and longer term therapies.
I am a recognised provider with all insurance companies.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Chartered Health Psychologist (M.A.) with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
My qualifications include:
- M.A in Health (Medical) Psychology.
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy.
- Mindfulness training.
- Biofeedback training
I offer integrative therapy, combining different approaches tailored to the client's needs and preferences, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness training.
- Biofeedback training.
I am fluent in English and Hebrew.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a special interest, knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- General anxiety, Stress related symptoms
- Psychosomatic / Medically unexplained symptoms. trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling) and
- Trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling) and Dermotilomania (compulsive skin picking)
- Health anxiety.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Specific phobias.
AXA PPP, PruHealth, Vitality, Cigna, BUPA, BUPA Int, Standard Life, AVIVA, David Shield.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays to Fridays
Types of client