Amanda Pearce (MBACP) PG (Dip) Counsellor
Hi, I'm Amanda, a BACP registered counsellor with a warm and genuine approach, tailored to suit your individual goals or struggles. Whatever it may be, counselling offers you a safe, non-judgemental space to explore these difficulties and work on ways in which you would like things to change.
- Experiencing unwelcome anxiety?
- Feeling unhappy/sad?
- Wanting a change in your life?
- Experiencing depression?
- Noticing unhealthy patterns in your relationships?
- Struggling with a loss or bereavement?
I am offering counselling that is tailored to your needs and goals. I have a flexible approach to appointments and clients can come for as few or as many sessions as they’d like (we’ll work to keep our work regularly reviewed and on track).
My approach to counselling is best described as a relational integrative model. To me that means I have been trained to blend different theory and techniques. This allows me to tailor my approach to work with you in a way that best suits your individual needs and goals at the time.
I am very fortunate to have a therapy room with a great comfortable space, based in the centre of Cardiff. If you have any questions about us working together or to book a session with me, please do get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified Counsellor
- Registered MBACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Skills (BACP Accredited)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Skills
- BA (Hons) Degree in Counselling and Psychology
- Fully Insured
I began my experience of face to face client work 5 years ago, and I have since worked for several organisations including charity, hospital and private practice.
I'm also involved on a voluntarily basis in the management of a counselling charity in Newport. I am committed to continuing my professional development and I do so by attending regular workshops and training days.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Adult (individual) £45 per 50 minute session
Statistics as of January 2019:
- 92% of my clients return after an initial session
- On average my clients work for 7 sessions
- 59% of my clients complete their work in 6 sessions or less
- 84% complete their work in 12 sessions or less.
- I also have experience of working with clients in a long term approach.
Comfortable office in a converted period building, central city location with excellent transport links. 5 minute walk from Cardiff Queen Street train station, with pay and display parking outside.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Unfortunately the building does not offer disabled access (Second Floor Office)
Monday to Friday 9am -6pm Please contact me for availability and booking
Types of client