Amanda Palmer BA (Hons) MBACP (Reg.)
14 Evelyn Road
I am an Integrative Counsellor who is passionate about mental well-being and genuinely interested in others. Life events often exceed our capacity to cope and at times feels overwhelming. I offer a caring, confidential environment in which to share those feelings. This helps promote acceptance and understanding empowering an individual to make informed choices in their lives.
I have a private practice and have volunteered at Arun Counselling Centre exploring a wide range of issues with adults. Prior to this I worked in the mental health system over thirty years, both in the community and psychiatric hospitals, tailoring care to an individual's needs and providing emotional support to those with anxiety, depression, bipolar/manic depression, OCD, borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia, gender dysphoria and unsure of their sexual orientation. This also highlighted the difficulties for those relatives affected by mental health issues and how helpful it is for them to be supported and explore their own situation.
If you are considering counselling I would like to meet you. I offer a free first session for you to ask any questions you may have and to decide if we would like to work towards your goals together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapy. I am insured and supervised in accordance with BACP guidelines.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Therapy
- Level Two Counselling Skills
- BA(hons) Sociology
- 2010-2014 Voluntary Counsellor with adult clients at Arun Counselling Centre working with anxiety, depression, borderline personality disorder, panic disorder, family issues, abuse, anger management, bereavement and suicidal thoughts.
- 2006-2014 Senior Support Worker for a Mental Health Charity
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- £45 per 50 minute session
My qualification is Integrative combining Person-centred, Transactional Analysis, Psychodynamic, Jungian, CBT and Gestalt therapy, a flexible approach suited to meeting an individual's needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Week day appointments and Saturday mornings
Types of client