Amanda Hughes MSc Child, Adolescent and Adult Counsellor MBACP UKCP reg
I provide individual counselling for adults, children and adolescents in my peaceful therapy room in Tadley, within easy reach of Reading, Basingstoke, Newbury and surrounding areas of Hampshire and Berkshire. I also offer coaching, support and strategies for parents or carers.
- Are you looking for help with a specific problem? Examples include anxiety and depression, issues with body image and food, grief and loss, gender identity and sexuality.
- Perhaps you have a general sense that there must be more to life? You want to be happier, achieve goals, be healthier, relax more - but you keep on blocking or sabotaging yourself.
- Are you stressed and overwhelmed? Would you like emotional support and coping strategies to deal better with difficult life situations, including chronic illness and pain, family or work problems?
- Are you a parent or carer of a troubled child? You need a counsellor you can trust, who has the right specialist skills, training and experience. You may also benefit from my parent coaching to help you to help your child yourself.
I am a sensitive, empathic and gently challenging integrative counsellor with a wealth of training and experience to help with a wide range of issues. I have specialist training in work with children, adolescents and parents/carers, eating disorders, and holistic body oriented psychotherapy.
If you feel I might be the right therapist for you, I offer a free half an hour no obligation phone consultation where we can discuss your issues and how I can help you individually or as a family.
I welcome diversity including all body sizes, abilities, races, sexualities, genders, religions and political values.
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc in the Psychodynamics of Human Development (Jungian), Distinction. University of London/British Psychotherapy Foundation
Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling with Adolescents, Institute for the Arts in Therapy and Education, London.
Practitioner Skills in Eating Disorders and Obesity, National Centre for Excellence in Eating Disorders
Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) Level One and Two (attachment focussed family therapy)
Various short courses, including Transgender at the Tavistock Clinic, London
Currently completing Post Qualification Diploma in Integrative Body Psychotherapy with the Chiron Institute for Body Psychotherapy, London.
I have a current enhanced DBS certificate for the child and adult workforce
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Coaching for parents/carers
Photos & videos
£50-65 per counselling session.
I am open to discussion regarding a reduced fee for those that cannot afford this.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client