I am a Cognitive Behaviour Therapist and I have almost 20 years of clinical experience. I am a member of BABCP (British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies) and a member of BPS (British Psychological Society) . During the past 13 years, I have worked as a Psychological Practitioner- Cognitive Behaviour Psychotherapist for the NHS and I have been assessing, diagnosing and offering either one to one or group psychotherapy to adults, teenagers and the elderly who faced issues such as:
- Anxiety Disorders (Post-traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD, Specific Phobias, Social Anxiety, Panic Disorder with or without Agoraphobia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder)
- Obsessive-Compulsive & Related Disorders (OCD, Body Dysmporphic Disorder, Trichotillomania, Hoarding Disorder, Excoriation-Skin Picking Disorder
- Somatoform Disorders (Somatic Symptom Disorder, Illness Anxiety Disorder-Hypochondria)
- Feeding & Eating Disorder (Bulimia Nervosa, Anorexia Nervosa, Binge Eating)
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Gender Dysphoria
- Parent-Child Relationship, Parental Alienation Syndrome
- Couples Therapy, Coping with Divorce, Improving Relational Communication Skills
- Anger Management
- Domestic Violence
- Gender- Based Violence
- Support for Long-term illness patients
- Internet Addiction
- Work related stress
- Perinatal Mental Health (OCD, Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Trauma-PTSD)
- Support Men/New dads, during pregnancy and after birth
- Support the couple or mother and father separately during IVF
In my opinion, therapy should be a collaborative process. My clients and I work together as one team, sharing the same goals. I do not believe or act as if I know EVERYTHING. Instead, I always value what each client brings into the therapeutic process and I combine it with my own clinical knowledge, to get the best possible results. From my experience, this works really well, as people feel respected and safe to start making changes. I strongly believe that people can improve their lives once they decide to do so. However, this process becomes much easier, when they have by their side, someone they can trust, someone who can listen to them, help them develop new skills and improve the quality of their lives.
Due to Covid-19, I offer only online sessions through Skype, Whatsapp, Viber, Signal, ect. I offer a free 50min assessment to understand the nature of your difficulties and to discuss whether we can continue into treatment. If you would like to book an appointment or if you have any questions about therapy, please feel free to contact me on 07307693209.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications:
Supervisor Training for Cognitive Behaviour Therapists, Central and North London NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK.
Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Royal Holloway University of London, UK.
Postgraduate Certificate in Mental Health and Wellbeing, London Metropolitan University, UK.
MA in Refugee Care, University of Essex , Department of Psychosocial and Psychoanalytic Studies, Centre for Trauma Asylum & Refugees, Essex, UK.
BSc (Hons) in Psychology, University of Wales, UK.
- 13 years in a Primary Care Psychological Service NHS and an IAPT service
- TACMEP (Tendring and Colchester Minority Ethnic Partnership), Essex, UK.
- As an assistant psychologist in several organisations
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free 50min Assessment
£60 for a 50min session
For certain issues (e.g. PTSD) the sessions will have to be longer, therefore, they will be charged differently. This will be discussed with you at the end of your assessment.