Allison Jackson BA(Hons), FdA Counselling, MBACP (reg)
Sometimes we all need someone to talk to, someone to really listen to us, to walk beside us as we explore our difficulties and find a way forward.
I am a fully qualified Counsellor and registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), offering short and long term counselling.
The Person-Centred approach underpins my practice offering a warm, non-judgemental environment to explore difficulties, foster understanding and facilitate change. Integration of other techniques such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT),Psychodynamic approaches and Transactional Analysis (TA) can be implemented when required.
I have gained experience working with a wide range of issues including but not limited to, stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, abuse, bereavement, relationship issues, managing life changes and work difficulties in both specialist and generic organisations.
I am employed part-time with Alliance Psychological Services delivering primary care counselling in the NHS. I have previously worked with Eva Women's Aid in Sexual and Domestic Violence.
I offer a free initial assessment where we can meet and discuss your needs. Further sessions to begin therapy can be arranged following the assessment. Appointments are available on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Telephone - 07950361122
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) in Therapeutic Counselling - Teesside University
- Foundation Degree in Counselling - Teesside University
- Counselling for Depression (CFD) - York St John University
- Level 3 Counselling Skills - Redcar and Cleveland College
- Level 2 Counselling Concepts - Redcar and Cleveland College
- Level 3 Sexual and Domestic Violence awareness training - Eva Women's Aid
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- PTG following Trauma & Traumatic Bereavement workshop - Teesside University Darlington
- Understanding Eating Disorders workshop - NIWE eating distress service
- Transactional Analysis (1) workshop - Whitby Brunswick Centre
- Transactional Analysis (2) workshop - Whitby Brunswick Centre
- Transactional Analysis (3) workshop - Whitby Brunswick Centre
- Mindfulness - Being Mindful workshops - Alliance Psychological Services
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
£35 per session
£25 per session - student counsellors
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
Types of client