17 Cavendish Square
I am an experienced and fully accredited Integrative Psychotherapist working in private practice with children, adolescents, parents and adults.
I have specialist experience in working with children, young people and families, particularly those who are survivors of abuse and/or have experienced trauma. I also have extensive experience of working with parents on parenting issues, those who are in the process of separating or divorcing or those seeking support for their child who may be struggling with mental health difficulties.
As an integrative psychotherapist I draw upon a wide range of theories and styles to fit each individual client. At the heart of my work is the client-therapist relationship as I believe this is crucial to the therapeutic process and to the effectiveness of our work. I believe we all have the ability to heal and develop and my role as therapist is to support and facilitate the individual's capacity for self-healing. I bring warmth, empathy, creativity and challenge to my work.
Previous to working privately I managed a therapy service in a primary school, worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a tier 2 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service and have worked closely with Social Care on family assessments for children who are in foster care or are in the process of being adopted. I also run therapeutic parenting groups for parents of young people who are experiencing mental health difficulties such as chronic anxiety, self-harm, suicidal thoughts and depression.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Integrative Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling, Terapia / Middlesex University
- Diploma in Child, Adolescent, Adult Psychotherapy and Counselling Supervision, Terapia/Middlesex University
- Member of UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). The UKCP is the UK’s leading professional body for the education, training and accreditation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. I am registered on the UKCP specialist register for psychotherapists qualified to work with children and young people.
Read more here: http://www.ukcp.org.uk/
I have experience of working with adults, couples, children, young people and groups.
I also supervise child counsellors and psychotherapists and teach trainee counsellors and therapists at a child & adolescent therapy training course.
I have experience of working alongside Social Services and have been an expert witness in family court.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Individuals: £90 - £120 (50 minutes)
Parent sessions: £120 (90 minutes)
- I work with children, young people and parents
- I am happy to work with psychotherapists in training
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday daytimes Thursdays
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a qualified and accredited Clinical Supervisor for those working with children, adolescents and adults.View supervision profile