Alison Vigileos CBT Therapist
The Complete Health Centre
24 Castle Street
8A George Street
I am a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (registered with the HCPC), an Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist with the BABCP (Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies) and a Registered Sandplay Therapist with the AST (Association of Sandplay Therapists).
After working for many years as a Local Authority Educational Psychologist and Therapist, I now work independently in a range of school settings in Gloucestershire, in addition to my private practice, offering CBT and Sandplay Therapy to all ages.
I draw on a range of psychological approaches in my CBT work, for people experiencing a variety of psychological difficulties. I use a combination of mindfulness and third wave CBT approaches (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy & Compassion Focused Therapy). I work with a range of ages, mostly adolescents, young people and adults.
- Mindfulness Based CBT combines cognitive behavioural techniques with mindfulness practices. The intention of this approach is to change our relationship to our experience and make space for what is there, as opposed to replacing the unwanted experience or acting out of some sort of aversion.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (also known as ACT) is an evidenced based psychological intervention which uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies alongside commitment and behavioural change strategies, to increase psychological flexibility. This flexibility helps us create a rich, full and meaningful life, while accepting the pain and stress life can bring.
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) integrates techniques from cognitive behavioural therapy with concepts from evolutionary psychology, social psychology, developmental psychology, Buddhist psychology, attachment and affective neuroscience. CFT focuses on helping clients relate to difficulties in compassionate ways and on giving them effective methods for working with challenging emotions and situations.
Sandplay Therapy, grounded in Jungian Psychology, has an appeal to all ages, young and old and may suit some clients more than talking therapy. This creative therapy through the medium of sand and symbols, encourages the use of the client’s own resources to enable change, healing and growth. Sandplay Therapy can be used for a range of problems, from low self-esteem, anxiety and depression to more complex trauma. This creative therapy is suitable for a range of ages, children, adolescents, young people and adults.
I continue to maintain regular clinical supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist with Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Registered Sandplay Therapist with the Association of Sandplay Therapy (AST)
- MSc Educational Psychology
- Diploma in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Certificate in Psychotherapy and Mindfulness
- PGCE Teaching Qualification
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
The number of CBT sessions depends upon the nature and depth of the difficulties, with some people needing only a few, whilst others may require more. The number of sessions can be decided after an Initial Assessment/appointment.
CBT sessions @ £75 (usual course of sessions is 6)
CBT Initial Assessment @ £75
Please contact me directly for Sandplay Therapy fees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client