Alison Speakman M.Sc, MBACP
Hello and welcome to my profile. I am an experienced counsellor and a registered member of the BACP. I am friendly and relaxed in my approach and offer a comfortable, confidential space for you to share your experiences.
I work with adults (16 +). I have over 25 years experience of working in NHS mental health services (as a mental health nurse) and 4 years working as a counsellor. My experience has been working with people who are having a wide range of life difficulties and mental health issues which significantly impact on their enjoyment and quality of life.
if you are having difficulties in your life and feel you would like some support to move forward or if you are unsure if counselling may help, please contact me. I offer a free 30 minutes consultation as it is important to see if we can get on together and to see if I can offer the help you need.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a varied clinical experience working in NHS and Charity sectors. I have worked therapeutically with people who are experiencing; stress related conditions, anxiety and depression. alcohol and substance misuse and also people who may have had contact with mental health services and have a formal diagnosis (for example, Bipolar, Schizophrenia and Borderline Personality Disorder).
I am a Clinical Supervisor of trainee and qualified counsellor and have previously lectured and mentored students in Higher Education.
I have a degree in Psychology (BSc (Hons)) Postgraduate qualifications in Counselling and Psychotherapy (PG Dip) and Cognitive Behavioural Interventions for Anxiety and Depression (Advanced Certificate). I hold a Masters degree in Mindfulness Studies (M.Sc).
Registered Mental Nurse and Registered Nurse
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Human Resource and work related issues
- Infant loss
I offer a free 30 minute assessment appointment.
Individual Sessions are £40 per session.
Concessions are available for those on a reduced income and counselling students, please ask for details.
- I am a registered member of the BACP and abide by the BACP ethical framework
- I hold an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS formerly CRB) certificate
- I hold professional insurance
- I am registered with the Information Commissioner's Office for purposes of General Data Protection Regulations.
- My work is fully supervised as required by the insurance body and the BACP
- Please note, my office is on the first floor and unfortunately there is no lift. If this is a problem I can offer an alternative location, please ask for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My office is on the first floor unfortunately there is no lift. If this is an issue I can offer an alternative venue.
Monday to Friday 1 p.m to 8 p.m Saturday 1 p.m to 6 p.m Sunday 1 p.m to 6 p.m Outside of these times please contact me for availability
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Hello, .View supervision profile