I am a BACP Accredited Integrative Psychotherapist, working in private practice in Guildford, Surrey. I use a range of therapies, including Humanistic, Psychodynamic, and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), to work with people who are struggling with psychological difficulties - from severe and complex mental health problems, to those who simply want to understand themselves better. I believe that the therapeutic relationship is a central component of successful therapy, which is why I provide a warm, supportive, non-judgemental space where we will work together to identify your concerns and come to a shared understanding of your difficulties, in order to enable and support change.
I work with individuals, Employee Assistance Programme providers (EAPs) and Organisations. I have extensive experience in workplace health and wellbeing and currently work as a Consultant Psychotherapist for several Employee Assistance Programme providers (EAP’s) and Insurance Companies, offering brief intervention therapy.
My post qualification training in Trauma and Brief Intervention therapy (Solution Focused/Behavioural) helps me provide specialised short term, goal orientated therapy to individuals.
I previously practiced as a Registered Midwife; therefore, I have a special interest in Women’s health, specialising in postnatal counselling and support, Birth Trauma and Post Natal Depression.
What I can help with
I aim to help people improve their psychological wellbeing, reduce distress, and to make meaningful changes in their lives. I offer both short- and longer-term psychological therapy and can help with a wide range of difficulties including, but not limited to:
- Anxiety (panic disorder, phobias, generalised anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and health anxiety)
- Depression, feeling sad, or low in mood
- Ante-natal and Post-natal psychological support
- Birth Trauma and Post Natal Depression
- Sleep problems
- Trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Low self-esteem
- Anger management
- Service veterans
- Work related issues
In addition to offering appointments at my rooms in Guildford, I can also offer face to face online therapy via a secure video link. Please contact me if you would like further details.
I provide an integrated approach to therapy as I believe that no one model of therapy can fit everyone all the time. The foundation for my work approach is Humanistic, which is a Client led model, however, I will also use other methodologies such as Psychodynamic, CBT, Mindfulness and Compassion Focused therapy to shape the sessions. I will work with you to identify unhelpful patterns that might be contributing to your issues and create strategies to cope with them.
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, CBT (REBT), Existential, Humanistic, Integrative, Phenomenological, Psychodynamic, Compassion Focused Therapy, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy.
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Older adults, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training, Qualifications & Experience
As a Psychotherapist I have provided support for the Prison service, for clients with addictions at a Drug and Alcohol Centre, Trauma support for Veterans and I work as a Consultant for several Employee Assistance Programme providers (EAP’s) and Insurance Companies.
- EMDR Trauma Training part 3 (EMDR Works), January 2022
- EMDR Trauma Training part 2 (EMDR Works), December 2021
- EMDR Trauma Training part 1 (EMDR Works), October 2021
- Advanced PG Diploma with (Merit) in CBT(REBT) CCBT Regents University, London 2020
- PG Diploma in CBT(REBT) CCBT - Regents University, London 2018
- PG Diploma with (Distinction) in Trauma Therapy and PTSD - Regents University 2015
- MSc Degree with (Merit) in Psychology (Psychotherapy & Counselling) - Roehampton University 2013
- PG Diploma in Psychology (Psychotherapy & Counselling) - Roehampton University 2011
- PGCert. in Psychology (Psychotherapy & Counselling) - Roehampton University 2010
- Drug and Alcohol Counselling Certificate - SADAS Southern Addictions Services 2011
- BSc. (Hons) Degree in Occupational Health and Hygiene - South Bank University, London 2005
- Diploma in Midwifery (RM) - St Bartholomew’s Hospital London 1995
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Workplace Counselling (EAP)
- Trauma Therapy & PTSD
- Women’s health, specialising in postnatal counselling and support, Birth Trauma and Post Natal Depression
I hold a current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate (DBS) and I am registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) so work in accordance with GDPR and Data Protection legislation.
I work as a consultant psychotherapist for Nuffield Health and I am an approved provider for the following health insurance companies:
Aviva - Vitality Health - Aetna Global - Healix - Cigna