Alison Holmes - Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT) and EMDR Practitioner
“I am a caring, compassionate and enthusiastic person, who is passionate about mental health”.
I have worked in the care profession since 2003, starting as a Health Care Support Worker. I have worked with adults with learning difficulties, chronic mental health difficulties, elderly care and Women with post and antenatal mental health.
I qualified as a Registered Nurse – Mental Health in 2011. I became interested in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and I went on to complete two Level 6 Courses in CBT in 2014. In 2015 I commenced a Postgraduate CBT course at Staffordshire University. The course was completed in March 2016 and I commenced working as a High Intensity CBT Therapist in a NHS Community Mental Health Team.
In 2017 I moved jobs to a NHS Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Service for clients age 16 and over. I work with a range of Anxiety and Depression disorders.
I commenced my EMDR Part 1 Training in October 2017, Part 2 December 2017 and Part 3 February 2018. I use this therapy daily within the NHS.
I do private consultancy work for Working Minds UK and have a coordination role within the company.
I am a specialist guest lecturer at Stafford University delivering Perinatal Mental Health Training to Nursing Students.
I am reliable and have a strong work ethic. I remain professional at all times and abide to confidentiality procedures and clinical governance.
Personal Hobbies and Interests:
I am a very sociable and outgoing person and enjoy spending time with my friends and family. I enjoy walking my two dogs, holidays and visiting new places.
Mental health that I treat:
(CBT or EMDR)
Age range 16 plus
• Anxiety disorders:
o Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
o Obsessive compulsive disorder – CBT Only
o Health Anxiety
o Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
o Panic disorder
o Social anxiety
• Sleep problems
• Performance anxiety
• Low self Esteem
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: 2016
- Application of Cognitive Behavioral Interventions: 2014
- Foundation Skills for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: 2014
- Mentorship In Health care Settings: 2013
- Undergraduate Diploma of Higher Education: Mental Health Nursing (Nursing and Midwifery Council): 2011
- High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Therapist (EMDR) – Part 1, 2 and 3
- Registered Nurse – Mental Health (RN – MH)
Recent training courses (Continuing Practice Development CPD)
- Improving Perinatal Mental Healthcare in your IAPT service : 2015 (CPD = 4.5 hours)
- NHS Rapid Process Improvement Workshop (RPIW): 2016 (CPD = 37.5 hours)
- Online Perinatal Training: 2017 (CPD = 3 hours)
- Importance of endings in therapy: 2017 (CPD = 3 hours)
- Working with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS): 2017 (CPD = 3 hours)
- IAPT Conference – Learning from Lived Experiences: 2017 (CPD = 6 hours)
- EMDR (Accredited by EMDR Europe association) – Part 1/ 3: 2017 (CPD = 21 hours)
- EMDR (Accredited by EMDR Europe association) – Part 2/ 3: 2017 (CPD = 7 hours)
- EMDR (Accredited by EMDR Europe association) – Part 3/ 3: 2018 (CPD = 21 hours)
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR): 2018 (CPD = 1 hour)
- CORE Mandatory Training: 2018 (CPD = 5 hours)
- An Introduction to CBT in Occupation Health: 2018 (CPD = 5 hours)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Work-related stress
Please call or email to arrange a free 20 minute telephone consultation.
CBT: (1 hour)
EMDR: (1 hour)
My working hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays 18:00 - 21:00
Saturday and Sunday appointments available on request
Sessions are advised initially weekly where possible
I accept Bank Transfer or cash – all payments at the start of the session
Home Visits and telephone CBT – Cost to be discussed on request
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive and Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- EMDR Association UK and Ireland
- Enhanced DBS check – renewal date February 2019
- Tower Gate Insurance cover
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|